Sign in to follow this  
SuperMaddud

How Do Residence

Hello, in this brief lesson I will be teaching you about the simple land protection plugin Residence. Residence allows for full land protection.

Selection

Firstly, check your area is not inside someone else's area. Get out a wooden axe, and left and right click the two opposite points of a cube (inside the cube will be your claimed area). Do /res select worldedit. You have successfully selected your area. Another way to do this is stand in the middle of the area you want claimed, and do /res select [x] [y] [z] . Y is up and down, X and Z is right and left and forward and backward (depending which way you are facing).

To increase the size vertically (up) do /res select vert, and it will expand to your highest limit, and lowest limit (currently the full amount of blocks (260ish))

Selection Cost

It costs money to claim land. You're not getting it for free. To find out how much your selection will cost, do /res select cost. It currently costs $0.05 per block (Starts at $1) If you can afford it, great! If not, then it sucks for you, better start finding ways to make money.

Claiming Land

To claim your land, make sure you have the right selection. Then simply do /res create <residence name>. And you now own your land. Congrats!

SubZones

SubZones are created exactly like a normal residence. A subzone is a residence inside a residence (inception), which allows you to use it to sell the land as a shop in your town for instance. They are very useful. When doing flags, just remember, the node of a subzone is <residencename>.<subzonename>. For example, I have a shop in spawn. The node will be Spawn.Shop.

Flags

For general residence flags, do: /res set <residence> <flag> <true/false>

For group flags, do : /res gset <residence> <group> <flag> <true/false>

This is for if you dont want annoying noobs inside your residence to build, but you want xG members to build. The list of groups is:

Guest [G]

Member [xG]

Mod [xG:M]

All other groups have permissions to build on your land by default.

For player flags, do : /res pset <residence> <player name> <flag> <true/false>

For example, I dont want MegaRobin to go into my residence, Home. I would do /res pset Home MegaRobin move false. This would disallow mega from entering my residence. This is useful in case you have a player that annoys you and you dont want them anywhere near your home, but you would like friends there.

To view flag list do /res flag ?.

If you're the owner you bypass all flags.

Remember, true usually means they can do the flag, false means they cant.

Buying, Selling and Renting

This is the money making bit. Ever fancied to become a ruthless landlord that wants rent every week? Want to abuse your tennants? Read on here!

Please bear in mind, all commands are used after the main command /res market (lazy)

For Landlords

sell <residence> <cost> | Sell the residence you own for <cost>. It wil be put on the market.

unsell <residence> | Takes the residence off of the market

rentable <residence> <cost> <days> repeat:t/f | Puts the residence up for rent. Put T after the colon after repeat to repeat the rent.

release <residence> | Release the residence from being rented or being rentable.

For Tennants

list | Lists the residences up for sale/rent.

buy <residence> | commence purchase process

info <residence> | view info about residence for sale.

rent <residence> <repeat:t/f> Rents the residence. Put T after the colon after repeat to repeat the rent.

And that's the end of this tutorial. Thanks and I hope to see many properties on the market!