Insane

Eotl = eotf ?

This is a rant watch out D:

all imo dont h8 m8 <3

EOTL = EOTF (end of Team Fortress)

EOTL had a huge hype train.

McVinny announced that there was going to be new weapons and a new Game mode all related to the EOTL SFM that is now out on youtube.

Unfortunately Volvo fucked up big time..

When the update came out there was no game mode, no "new" weapons (reskins are not considered "new") and really had no connection to the SFM at all.

So here is a list of valves fuck ups

1. maps

Valve released a statement saying they cut the new game mode from entering in to the game at the last moment saying that it "was to hard for new players to understand". The fuck? of course its going to be hard when you first play it, but isn't that the point? A challenge. Yeah Payload and CTF and CP is fun and all but its the same game mode that was out when tf2 came out. Other games introduce different Game modes to keep players interested in the game.

2. SFM

McVinnie and his team did a good job on the SFM - i still feel like the trailer is so much better - but sadly it wasn't remotely connected to the update. The whole point was that the SFM was to relate to the game, but all we got was 1 reskin (vaguely related to the SFM) and 21 new cosmetics(we saw a few of them on the characters), 2 new unusual effects, and 1 taunt.

3. Weapons

yeah the Love and War update did give us some weapons to play with but Mcvinnie stated before the update that the EOTL was going to bring "new" weapons, not a reskin. Valve also stated in the notes of the update that the weapons were not balanced properly and was not going to be put in the game. They also mentioned that one of the weapons planned to be put in the game was put in the Love and War update.

4. Ducks

Ducks are cool but paying 5 USD on a "duck journal" to collect stats of how many ducks you collected ? wtf valve? But wait is there a reward in collecting ducks you ask ? NO there is no reward except for bragging rights to your friends that you collected more ducks then they did. Also duck tokens can be bought for 2 USD to "upgrade" your journal, all it does is increase the spawn time of the ducks so its easy to collect those ducks.

5.Hats

do i need to talk about this ? Well apparently @Dethman needs an explanation.

Hats are always cool but how much is enough ? TF2 already has a butt load of hats. But thats not to point. This update was "supposedly focused" on a new Game mode and weapons but instead of that 1 year in development testing the snowplow map was a failure and valve was like "o shitz nubs will be nubs on this map we should drop it! But now what can we put in? O HATS !" yeah so this is a little of topic... Anyways People say that hats are good because it "keeps traders on their toes" ... Tha fuck? if anything the hats are worthless to traders until they have a steady price. So yeah... Hats are hats. But for real, what can we expect from the next update? More hats you guessed it! Also i want to mention that adding hats isn't a bad thing. But Insane, you just said hats were a reason why this whole update was bad, are you insane? I know what i said but we don't need 21 new cosmetics, maybe if they added the cosmetics we saw in the SFM then i would accept that.

6.Spy Vs Engy

Word has it another update in the future is coming out similar to the demo vs soldier update there was going to be new weapons/hats being put in to the game. Now with the EOTL fail the hype for the SVE is also dying, if valve had a year to work on adding 21 cosmetics 2 new effects 1 taunt and 1 reskin then surely the SVE will do the same.

7. Community

Due to the great disappointment of the EOTL update tf2 players are cashing out. Yeah thats right cashing out because of an update. Isn't an update suppose to bring more players in to the game, and not lose players? This can be argued that people are cashing out because of the terrible tf2 economy we have with keys almost at 14 ref its nearly impossible to but a key with metal. But overall the update is making people cashout of the game.

Now lets talk about good things about the update

1.SFM

The video was cool but i felt like it wasn't as good as people thought it would be, but hey GJ McVinne and the crew!

2. Taunt

The pyro taunt is the only good thing that came out of it, i wonder if there is a unusual taunt of that?

Your opinions?

SO overall

0.000000000001/10 - IGN

0.000000000000006/10 - PCgamer

0.000005706000/10 - NY Times

11/10 - Valve

The problem was that we over-hyped it and were dissapointed with the turnout. I hate this whole update like many do (shitty items < Batters helm) but the one thing we got was the greatest pyro taunt xD.

The problem was that we over-hyped it and were dissapointed with the turnout. I hate this whole update like many do (shitty items < Batters helm) but the one thing we got was the greatest pyro taunt xD.

We didn't over hype it. In the beginning it was stated by McVinne that there will be a "new" game mode with a "new" map + "new" weapons. Tf2 a new, official, game mode and map coming in to a ,idk how old game.

The over hyped was not a problem

The epic rant tho. Srsly tho valve get chur steaming pantload together, dont make me leave tf2 again for LONGER than a year

this was some time ago

What I wanna know is why valve would think that ducks would be a good idea in the first place and then continue on that idea of ducks (From the scream fortress update 2014 to the EOTL Duckdate). The trailer was amazing but then we see the real deal and 25% or more of the video was ducks. I didn't see any ducks in the trailer...Why put them in there anyways. Lastly I constantly stick to tf2, hoping for some new content not a bunch of over priced cosmetics so valve can make a quick buck. By now I feel valve is just milking tf2 to see how much money they can make before Ol' Bessy runs dry. That's why I admire the creativity of map makers, the spice of source film makers that keeps most of tf2 alive and make us think that there is hope for this game (along with youtubers). Just saying, the tf2 community is more involved in making this game fresh and fun than the actual people (source required) that work on tf2 if there are any left. Ranting is fun. Thank you for your time. :llama:

How it Worked.

Ducks! - A Sick little Noisemaker (Unlimited) that you could spam, use it to Collect Ducks (Used to) and Have the "Warm Feeling" of "Charity" in your Heart.

Hats / Keys - Used as a Shot to get A) The Cutest Pyro Taunt in the World, or B) a Strange Sign in which you could make a Sign Joke on. The hats are just... Meeeeeeeehhh....

Valve - "This isn't working." *Wallet Seeking Tactical Noot Incoming* "Make it rain" - Gabe Nerdwell.