Insane

Psa: Earbuds Are No Longer Used As A Formal Currency

Due to the recent fluctuations of earbuds as a currency, it has been decided to convert everything that had been priced in earbuds to their key equivalent from the day the suggestion was made. It is also no longer possible to suggest prices in earbuds.

This means, in short, that if a 1 bud item was accepted 2 months ago and earbuds were worth 12 keys, it is now worth 12 keys today, regardless of what earbuds are worth today. On the original suggestions we are displaying the original value the items were as we wish to remain completely transparent when it comes to the original values.

We understand that this can be a bit confusing, but it is for the best. We will still display prices converted in earbuds on item icons, we believe earbuds still have a lot of value in terms of helping with larger trades but it just makes more sense to store every prices in refined or in keys from this point on.

We've been working on this a little bit through the day, there were a few bugs here and there but I think everything is covered now. Some prices that were accepted today will be missing but we're working on resolving that soon.

Oh, and this is not an April fool's joke :)

Steam Community :: Group :: Meet The Stats

GG

Good. This is the step that needed to be taken, ever since Earbuds began to quickly fall late last year.

It's also no longer necessary to use high-priced items to trade for expensive hats, which was a measure that was taken back when you could only trade a limited amount of items in one trade. Now that there's virtually no limit to how many items you can trade at once, expensive placeholders are no longer necessary.

backpack.tf also handled it perfectly. Not only did they quickly rescript their site to keys, but they also priced every single unusual in keys from the time periods of the hats' most recent suggestions. Perfect example was my Amaranthine Crones. It's only ever had one sale (Mine), and at the time, it was a 50 Bud deal. Buds were 12 Keys each when it happened, so my Crones was repriced at 600 Keys. It was formerly priced at 400 keys. This fixed a lot of value issues with EVERY Unusual hat.

Granted, there's still a lot of work to be done. Lots of unusual suggestions went through in the past month, so sales basically need to be restarted in order to reprice them. But now that everyone is pricing in keys, things can be handled more like CS:GO.

I have high hopes for the future of TF2 trading. Now that Earbuds have been erased from the trading formula, and people are getting rid of them, we can now focus on the TRUE value of the game: Keys.

I knew this would happen ^^

The value of items that were orginally priced in buds should go up now. Mine G. Fetti Bubble Pipe was 18 keys and now it's 26 :coffee:

Oh, and tf2outpost has a different font. I think it's Comic Sans

And here I am just clapping and playing along to the economy of the marvelous TF2. Props to whoever thought of this. From what I can gather on the all-seeing Google, buds seem to be inconsistent in value or something similar to that.

I knew this would happen ^^

The value of items that were orginally priced in buds should go up now. Mine G. Fetti Bubble Pipe was 18 keys and now it's 26 :coffee:

Oh, and tf2outpost has a different font. I think it's Comic Sans

I know that feel. My Amaranthine Crones went from 400 keys to 600. :D

I can't believe the massive amount of butthurt all over the internet in various TF2 forums about this. I plan on making a video to address the recent changes and whatnot, and to tell everyone WHY the TF2 economy isn't pooping.

I can't believe the massive amount of butthurt all over the internet in various TF2 forums about this. I plan on making a video to address the recent changes and whatnot, and to tell everyone WHY the TF2 economy isn't pooping.

It was shit but due to the recent change now I expect to see more stability in the market. All the butt hurt ppl are ppl who have some buds in their inventory.