Oakaholic - Team Fortress 2

Division:

Team Fortress 2

In-Game Name:

Oakaholic

Steam ID:

STEAM_0:0:59582453

Information:

I was banned for playing my guitar on 10/04. As im sure a lot of you know, I like to play my guitar on the server. Im sure many of you have heard me do it, and im sure most of you enjoyed it. I had been doing it once or twice a week for a few weeks, and I liked entertaining people with music and getting all the good feedback from players and admins alike. However, when Scoot just called it "micspam" she muted me, when I tried to tell her to make it into a vote to let the players state their opinions. She said what then thought didn't matter and that her word was law, even though im pretty sure that the role of an admin is to make sure that the players experience is enjoyable.

All I wanted to do was make people happy, and doing it felt really good. People really seemed to enjoy what I was doing, and I love doing it. And I think that one admins word isnt enough to speak for the entire community.

Firsty, @metalslug53 /Scootaloo is a he.

Secondly, it wouldn't have been a ban for micspam straight away. It would've been for evading it, constantly doing it (etc).

I understand sharing your love of music, as I do the same exact thing. However, our servers are not the place to do it. I don't know the exact situation, and you may just be a troll, but I'd like @metalslug53 to elaborate.

The ban reason is "Dodging silence." which makes me believe you rejoined to avoid your mute that the DM had given to you.

The typical mute avoidance punishment is 1 day, so you did something else as well, I'm sure. Let's wait for Scootaloo to post and we will see.

Ban was for evasion. After this individual started micspamming, I asked him/her to stop, to which they ignored. Then came the mute. After the mute, I was berated in chat, saying I needed to take a vote in order to mute this person. I explained that no, I did not need a vote, that we have rules against mic spam, and they continued to persist. The mute was then upgraded to a gag, at which the individual logged out and back in to avoid the silence. A week ban was administered for breaking our rules.

Not my fault they couldn't listen or read our rules. I don't really care if playing music makes you happy. Mic spam is mic spam, and the attitude didn't help your case. That's why the ban was upgraded to a week. Perhaps with this ban, you have learned not to do it in the future.

Thread closed. Come back in a week and leave your guitar at home.