Scootaloo

I Need Input For Our Surf Server. Please Read!

Which is the best option for combat in Surf?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best option for combat in Surf?

• Option 1
    • Option 2
    • Option 3

I am not opposed to people being able to teleport around the maps. I am opposed to people being able to save ANY POSITION on the map, because it promotes camping. I am aware it is a great tool, but it is also an easily abused tool.

I mean, the argument is that people are leaving because cptele was removed? People were also leaving because cptele was being spammed to help people escape fights and spawncamp. So, who am I suppose to try and satisfy? =(

The ideal solution would be to find a plugin that can teleport to server set locations, such as spawn. That way, it can't be abused. OR, make cptele a perk, like for mods/admins, or for donators. But before the server was revised, it was a huge problem.

You gotta understand that I like the plugin, I just don't like the outcome it produces. T.T

You can satisfy both parties if you make a rule against using !cptele to escape combat and to camp secret spots.

You're making this more difficult than it needs to be. Not everything is solved with plugins.

And people are leaving because there's no combat anymore. Just remove the whole Buddha crap and add the cptele and friendly plugins. Keep the maps on a 30 minute rotation with the home map as Utopia (easy surf, great arena.) I'll speak with the DL's later with @metalslug53 and decide what maps to add and remove.

Chicken, we didn't disable combat. It's been reimplemented. I think you are making assumptions when you haven't been on the surf server in the past hour. We removed the buddha thing a while ago. >.>

And it was never permanent. Like I said, it was just a test that Ohstopyou and I did. It was never meant to be taken as a permanent implementation. T.T

Chicken, we didn't disable combat. It's been reimplemented. I think you are making assumptions when you haven't been on the surf server in the past hour. We removed the buddha thing a while ago. >.>

And it was never permanent. Like I said, it was just a test that Ohstopyou and I did. It was never meant to be taken as a permanent implementation. T.T

But the autobuddha was still there when I went on :(

But the autobuddha was still there when I went on :(

Im on now and it has been removed. cptele is also back. We found a way to disable the annoying popup menu. It's more tolerable now.

@ChickenPanda Any map recommendations? =)

Here are a few T1 and T2 maps I think would be good additions:

aweles - Surf_aweles (Team Fortress 2 > Maps > Surf Style) - GAMEBANANA

sunnyhappylove - surf_sunnyhappylove (Team Fortress 2 > Maps > Surf Style) - GAMEBANANA

derpis - surf_derpis (Team Fortress 2 > Maps > Surf Style) - GAMEBANANA

boring - surf_boring.bsp

congo black - surf_congo_black.bsp

fruits - surf_fruits.bsp

Just a few to start with.

Personally I find combat to be really annoying in surf servers.

If you want to shoot people go find a pub, or go on our trade server where it is okay to kill whom u please.

surf server in my eyes looks like a deathmatch server.

Join a surf server to SURF not to get Strange kills.

completely remove combat, idc if people leave because there is no killing, its a surf server made for surfing