DoctorGringo

Unaligned Text On Morbus Server

@Stickz The text notifications at the top right are all unaligned with their boxes. The Brood and Swarm shops also have a similar issue. Another player on the server was able to confirm that the text was unaligned for them as well.

You can see here:

Steam Community :: Screenshot

UPDATE: There is also a bubble/water sound effect when joining the server/joining back from map change. Other players were able to confirm. I found this in my console after map change, not sure if that's any help.

>SoundEmitter:  removing map sound overrides [3 to remove, 0 to restore]

Edited by DoctorGringo (see edit history)

@Stickz The text notifications at the top right are all unaligned with their boxes.

Did this start happening recently? I think it could be a result of the recent gmod game update. If this is the case, I could look over the code but can't promise what i'd be able to accomplish or resolve.

UPDATE: There is also a bubble/water sound effect when joining the server/joining back from map change. Other players were able to confirm. I found this in my console after map change, not sure if that's any help.

>SoundEmitter:  removing map sound overrides [3 to remove, 0 to restore]

How can I reproduce this issue on my game client? Is it as simple as joining and leaving mid-match like you said?

I also found this concern in the game-server's event log. Do you know if this issue started on the "required" or "optional" update?

If it happened on the optional, I can request the provider revert the optional update.

Edit: I looked at the changelog, it's very unlikely but still possible that the optional caused this issue.

Subject and date Description

Feb 22 2016 07:26:37 PM PT A required update was released a short while ago. Our system started working on it the moment of the update notification and has finished processing and re-packaging the files now. After the update has been distributed to your machine, you should see your server go offline briefly and then come back up as the new version.

Feb 22 2016 09:16:16 AM PT A required update was released a short while ago. Our system started working on it the moment of the update notification and has finished processing and re-packaging the files now. After the update has been distributed to your machine, you should see your server go offline briefly and then come back up as the new version.

Subject and date Description

Feb 22 2016 07:51:03 PM PT A staffmember mistakenly rolled out an optional Garry's Mod update this evening, causing a large number of servers for that game to be restarted, and apparently impacting some other servers on their machines, likely due to the increased disk activity. If your server suffered an impact from this, please accept our apologies.

Our longstanding policy is to normally only roll optional game updates during off-peak hours, to minimize any disruption. Only when an optional update is critically important do we treat it as required and manually push it sooner.

Edited by Vertex (see edit history)

@DoctorGringo

The garry's mod game update did in-fact break things with the morbus gamemode.

I just fixed the following issues.

• Fixed an issue where text boxes render in the wrong place if the client changes screen resolution mid-game
  • Fixed an issue where text was rendering outside the boxes in the top right corner
    • There's a high chance it will break again in the future, let me know if it does
    • I applied a temporary fix by hard-coding the proper location for the text.

These issues will get fixed at a later time.

• Role hints and swarm shot not accounting for changing screen resolution mid-game.
  • Improper text aligment in the swarm shop
  • Improper text aligment on role hints

Edited by Guest (see edit history)