My recommendations for Tooltips, feel free to add to them and add more if you think of any.

Gameplay:

"Press V to Transform and C to Upgrade as an Alien."

"Shooting as a Brood Alien does 1/3'rd damage, lowers your Sanity, and does not infect the players you kill."

"New players can read guides by pressing F1 and F2"

Commands:

"COMMANDS: !motd for rules, // for OOC, @ for Admin Chat, F3 for Pointshop and Settings, /spec to enter spectator mode."

Forums:

"Join us and give your feedback at xenogamers.com today!"

"If you are interested in becoming a moderator, contact the staff using Admin Chat [@] or add ᵡᴳḽᴰᴹ Doctor Gringo (and @Stickz if you want them to add you) on Steam."

As for timings, you should be able to get through every tip in one map, so maybe start off at every 3 minutes and see how that goes. Also have it in some sort of order, I recommend how I have it now, go from Gameplay - Commands - Forums.

A list of tool-tips will be required for our Morbus servers soon. This is one the next things being coded.

I think @Makr6e6 and even @Gamstoby might have some further suggestions about these. It would be great if someone other than myself could go through, word everything perfectly and put it into json format aswell. (more details to come soon)

These will be stored in a text file using json formating, then converted to a lua table. Where a random tip will be selected until the list (retained through map change) runs out and repeats itself again.

Players who find these annoying, will have the option to disable them by pressing F3 and checking off the disable box.