Edit History

Tatost

Tatost

18 minutes ago, maf427 said:

pisses people off

only pisses off the people who hog mic like dweebs

better to not have it as a server rule to give people more freedom while talking on the mic

If this wasn't ever a rule, I would have gone completely deaf. I'm exaggerating here, and I'm sure you've already realized that.

It's incredibly annoying to have some dufus speak over you every time you try to speak. Without the rule, the annoyance of being spoken over will be multiplied until we've reached a clusterfudge on the mic.

I would also like to add that traders and staff can't get on the mic when you people won't let up for a split second, it's ridiculous. The staff members and traders have a much better reason to be on the mic than the ten others speaking on the mic in a mesh of ERP, slurs, and memes.

imagine going to a huge party. you hear everybody around you talk, the music is loud, and everybody is having a fun time. you're hearing all of this noise, and if people are going to complain about people talking over each other, then maybe you should go outside.

There is a difference between being on a server and going to a party. At a party, there are plenty of side-conversations going on in different sections of the room, whereas on a server everything is right there in your ears. Much easier to overlook the much quieter conversation from the other side of the room compared to someone whispering sweet nothings in your ear.

some others can view this controversial topic as a "lack of respect" for talking over somebody about to say something, but in a video game, latency exists, and it can't be compensated for when people are talking. this "lack of respect" can be intentional and non-intentional, and i'm sure the most of you guys can tell whether it was on purpose or completely on accident. otherwise, the victim is just being sarcastic.

This is where common courtesy comes into play. When you hear another person speaking, you stop. If they also stop, you either start back up again or you say "go ahead fam." Latency has nothing to do with two or more people speaking right on top of each other for a solid ten seconds.

I can see why some people might dislike the rule, but it's a pretty simple concept to grasp. Sorry, yellow hat glasses : (

Tatost

Tatost

15 minutes ago, maf427 said:

pisses people off

better to not have it as a server rule to give people more freedom while talking on the mic

If this wasn't ever a rule, I would have gone completely deaf. I'm exaggerating here, and I'm sure you've already realized that.

It's incredibly annoying to have some dufus speak over you every time you try to speak. Without the rule, the annoyance of being spoken over will be multiplied until we've reached a clusterfudge on the mic.

I would also like to add that traders and staff can't get on the mic when you people won't let up for a split second, it's ridiculous. The staff members and traders have a much better reason to be on the mic than the ten others speaking on the mic in a mesh of ERP, slurs, and memes.

imagine going to a huge party. you hear everybody around you talk, the music is loud, and everybody is having a fun time. you're hearing all of this noise, and if people are going to complain about people talking over each other, then maybe you should go outside.

There is a difference between being on a server and going to a party. At a party, there are plenty of side-conversations going on in different sections of the room, whereas on a server everything is right there in your ears. Much easier to overlook the much quieter conversation from the other side of the room compared to someone whispering sweet nothings in your ear.

some others can view this controversial topic as a "lack of respect" for talking over somebody about to say something, but in a video game, latency exists, and it can't be compensated for when people are talking. this "lack of respect" can be intentional and non-intentional, and i'm sure the most of you guys can tell whether it was on purpose or completely on accident. otherwise, the victim is just being sarcastic.

This is where common courtesy comes into play. When you hear another person speaking, you stop. If they also stop, you either start back up again or you say "go ahead fam." Latency has nothing to do with two or more people speaking right on top of each other for a solid ten seconds.

Tatost

Tatost

1 minute ago, maf427 said:

pisses people off

2 minutes ago, maf427 said:

9 minutes ago, maf427 said:

12 minutes ago, maf427 said: