Edit History

Kypari

Kypari

6 hours ago, Elcark said:

Then there is Brian at the end there. This report isn't directed at him at all, yet he did the much more condemning offense. Looking at his history (https://bans.xenogamers.com/index.php?p=banlist&advSearch=STEAM_0:1:242346823&advType=s)he has been banned before for slurs, though it was tied in with micspam and leaving to avoid punishment. Being itself a single incident that involved a different kind of issue and from some time ago (about 8 months) it's not exactly a good punishment to bridge from, but unlike Eugene he still has had punishment for this before and should probably receive more then just a warning (more so considering the manner in which it was done). At that, I'd say a day mute would be adequate for the situation here.

We have ban decay for a reason, and that is so that we can punish people appropriately depending on how long ago since their last ban. In this case, ban decay is not in effect, and since he has been banned for the exact same reason (minus the cherry on top micspam), it would certainly be a week ban. We also don't do extended mutes/gags for minor things like slurs, but rather for things like bad mics. I would not be as opposed to an extended mute had he not been banned before. Because of this and the lack of evidence and history for Eugene:

-1 For Eugene

+1 Week ban for Brian

Kypari

Kypari

6 hours ago, Elcark said:

Then there is Brian at the end there. This report isn't directed at him at all, yet he did the much more condemning offense. Looking at his history (https://bans.xenogamers.com/index.php?p=banlist&advSearch=STEAM_0:1:242346823&advType=s)he has been banned before for slurs, though it was tied in with micspam and leaving to avoid punishment. Being itself a single incident that involved a different kind of issue and from some time ago (about 8 months) it's not exactly a good punishment to bridge from, but unlike Eugene he still has had punishment for this before and should probably receive more then just a warning (more so considering the manner in which it was done). At that, I'd say a day mute would be adequate for the situation here.

We have ban decay for a reason, and that is so that we can punish people appropriately depending on how long ago since their last ban. In this case, ban decay is not in effect, and since he has been banned for the exact same reason (minus the cherry on top micspam), it would certainly be a week ban. We also don't do extended mutes/gags for minor things like slurs, but rather for things like bad mics, but I would not be as opposed to an extended mute had he not been banned before. Because of this and the lack of evidence and history for Eugene:

-1 For Eugene

+1 Week ban for Brian