Edit History

Caleb956

Caleb956

Make sure drivers are up to date, update bios if you haven't already.  There's also a chance that it may actually be the new battery itself, if it came dead when you got it the laptop isn't going to detect it, thus it showing 0% charge.  So my best guess would be you aren't even using the battery at all, which is why when you unplug it, it just immediately dies.  It's not gonna get charged when its not even being detected ?

Might be worth trying to charge it with the laptop completely off. *shrug*  Might be a faulty charging circuit, iunno.

There's several possibilities that could be going on here, I'll message you on steam and help you work through it sometime.

Caleb956

Caleb956

Make sure drivers are up to date, update bios if you haven't already.  There's also a chance that it may actually be the new battery itself, if it came dead when you got it the laptop isn't going to detect it, thus it showing 0% charge.  So my best guess would be you aren't even using the battery at all, which is why when you unplug it, it just immediately dies.  It's not gonna get charged when its not even being detected ?

Might be worth trying to charge it with the laptop completely off. *shrug*

There's several possibilities that could be going on here, I'll message you on steam and help you work through it sometime.