Edit History

mrnutty12

mrnutty12

I like to play frontlines the most, though I think a dueling/deathmatch server could do well too.
Frontlines default is a 64 slot server afaik (32 per team), but the mode works fine in a 48 player setting too (24 per team). Much less than that and I think you would run into issues with it feeling a bit sparse for players.  If it is a duels server you can get away with as few as 10 slots, usually the deathmatch maps are a lot smaller and particularly with duels you want to give people plenty of space. I think maybe 16-20 if just plain deathmatch is what you want.
I don't have any way to confirm this, but I was reading that kicking bothersome players (ie constant tk people) requires you type out their full name including any special characters. Reportedly people do abuse that fact when trying to troll the server somewhat frequently.

mrnutty12

mrnutty12

I like to play frontlines the most, though I think a dueling/deathmatch server could do well too.
Frontlines default is a 64 slot server afaik (32 per team), but the mode works fine in a 48 player setting too (24 per team). Much less than that and I think you would run into issues with it feeling a bit sparse for players.  If it is a duelsserver you can get away with as few as 10 slots, usually the deathmatch maps are a lot smaller and particularly with duels you want to give people plenty of space. I think maybe 16-20 if just plain deathmatch is what you want.
I don't have any way to confirm this, but I was reading that kicking bothersome players (ie constant tk people) requires you type out their full name including any special characters. Reportedly people do abuse that fact when trying to troll the server somewhat frequently.

mrnutty12

mrnutty12

Frontlines default is a 64 slot server afaik (32 per team), but the mode works fine in a 48 player setting too (24 per team). Much less than that and I think you would run into issues with it feeling a bit sparse for players.  If it is a duels or deathmatch server you can get away with as few as 10 slots, usually the deathmatch maps are a lot smaller and particularly with duels you want to give people plenty of space. I think maybe 16-20 if just plain deathmatch is what you want.