Sign in to follow this  
Snackbar

Something needs to be done about this

Name Changing Rule  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Name Changing Rule

• Yes I agree we should have this become a Rule
    • Its a great idea, but in order for it to work (Post your input as a reply)
    • No, theres no need for this, youre stupid and all your ideas suck, trololololol

Another crappy idea from Snackbar that everyone will just call stupid and say why it'll NEVER work even though its kind of a valid idea <3

I think we should make it so that if you are an xG member, you may not change your name in game unless you make an official "Name Change" post. We have so many people constantly playing under different names, including a few mods, that I cant tell who's who sometimes. I see all these strange xG tagged names and I spend a round trying to figure out if they're supposed to have the tag or if they're about to get slayed for impersonation. Once you pick your name, that's what you should play as.

Now heres an exception:

1. xG Mods and Admins ARE PERMITTED to join the server under an alias if they are investigating rule infractions, provided they send a message in the xG LEADERSHIP Steam Group, allowing the rest of us to know who/what hes doing. This way, they can monitor and see if someones breaking rules when "No ones watching".

2. You may add a small thing to your name as much as you please for example : " [xG:M] Admiral Snackbar (ITS A SNACK!) " As long as everyone knows its YOU somehow, like rosser, hes now [xG] Shenanigans [Rosser]. This is acceptable, as its still clear as to who he is.

Now Id like to hear how we could make this work from my peers. Input goes so much further than being a derp and saying "-1 its " without a legitimate reason backing you.

Every application has a spot that asks your "In-Game Name", obviously its there for a reason. This rule is in effect on MANY different servers, and personally, I feel its a worthy idea.

TL;DR: just read it, its a legit suggestion

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

If you vote, please tell me why. Dont say sorry for disagreeing either, I want to hear your opinions / reasoning, you are ALLOWED to disagree lol. The third choice in the poll is sarcasm, Im not going to feel some type of way if you think its a crap idea :)

I think members should have the liberty to change their name accordingly to what they want in any situation they'd like. Having to post and say im changing my name to ________ is a real pain in the and all mods/admins (atleast I think) have the command !who _____ stating their previous names. Even if all the reasons stated before are invalid, then the player trying to find out who is who can simply ask the question "Who are you?" and then they will tell you their name and you can check on the apps if they are new or if they been in this clan for a while then you would know who they are. Plus just 1 round of you trying to find out how who is who is alot easier than every single time someone changes their name to go post it on the forums.

I give this +1 because it's hard to find certain people if they change their name, and stuff like that... I think this is a great idea.

I think members should have the liberty to change their name accordingly to what they want in any situation they'd like. Having to post and say im changing my name to ________ is a real pain in the and all mods/admins (atleast I think) have the command !who _____ stating their previous names. Even if all the reasons stated before are invalid, then the player trying to find out who is who can simply ask the question "Who are you?" and then they will tell you their name and you can check on the apps if they are new or if they been in this clan for a while then you would know who they are. Plus just 1 round of you trying to find out how who is who is alot easier than every single time someone changes their name to go post it on the forums.

By ALL means we should be able to change our names in any way, like I said minor additions are great and fine, but changing your name to something that is completely different is confusing.

You said having to make a name change post is annoying, and yes, its a 3 minute waste of life I agree, however I find it EXCESSIVELY less annoying than having to be afk in game going through the 400 people on my friends list trying to find your aliases while in the middle of a round.

+1 I REALLY like this idea. It's confusing to ask people "did you apply for xG on the forums" and they reply "hurrdurr you im soandso"

But I don't think its really punishable. If anything the rule is that we (mods and stuff) should ask who they are and ask nicely to change it back but if not, because it's thier choice what name they have, they have to make a post about it on the forums as a "public announcement"

+1 to this, Great Idea. I can never tell who's in xG, because people are always pretending or changing their name.

I go by;

Michael

Turtle

Penguin

Nothing else

Honestly I feel like moderators/admins should have the discretion to change their names or omit their moderator/admin tags because its easier to enforce rules when there is a an air of anonymity with regards to the rule-enforcers.

For example: if you know that all moderators/admins must keep the :A or :M tag on at all times, and you see none of them in the server, then you know you have greater leeway to rebel.

But if it is not readily apparent who is moderating, the fear that the rule-enforcer could be lurking around should prove a greater deterrent for potential rule breakers.

Just my 2 cents.

I do agree with what Smoker said. I think it is a bad idea to be forced to post on the forums just to change your name. I see lots of unhappy moderators/admins.

And, there is the !who command that you can use as a last resort.

Honestly I feel like moderators/admins should have the discretion to change their names or omit their moderator/admin tags because its easier to enforce rules when there is a an air of anonymity with regards to the rule-enforcers.

For example: if you know that all moderators/admins must keep the :A or :M tag on at all times, and you see none of them in the server, then you know you have greater leeway to rebel.

But if it is not readily apparent who is moderating, the fear that the rule-enforcer could be lurking around should prove a greater deterrent for potential rule breakers.

Just my 2 cents.

"1. xG Mods and Admins ARE PERMITTED to join the server under an alias if they are investigating rule infractions, provided they send a message in the xG LEADERSHIP Steam Group, allowing the rest of us to know who/what hes doing. This way, they can monitor and see if someones breaking rules when "No ones watching"."

Sign in to follow this