Sign in to follow this  
Buckethead

Tritton VS Turtle Beach?

I'm looking to buy a new headset that I can use for Xbox and maybe PC. Right now, I'm trying to decide between the Turtle Beach X12's and the Tritton AX180's.

The X12's is the successor to the X11's, which many of my friends say were great. I haven't heard any complaints about them. This pair is $60.

On the other hand, two of my friends who play on PS3 use the Tritton AX180's and brag that they're better than Turtle Beach. I hear that the AX180's break very easily, especially for people who have big heads (like me). These are $80.

Which one should I buy? Have you used Tritton or Turtle Beach headsets before?

All I have right now is the plain old one sided Xbox 360 headset that came with the text pad pack that breaks easily and all you can hear is voice chat.

Mine is currently duct taped together but so misshapen that it falls off my head and I can barely hear people with it.

Tritton. I have a turtle beach px21 and it sucks because its so fragile. i was careful with it and the sound from my earphones are gone within like 3 weeks

I have X11's at the moment, I use to have an Xbox but I sold it, so I just use my headset for CSS. I've never tried Tritton but I'm satisfied with my headset so yeah. Turtle beaches are pretty good.