Sign in to follow this  
Bryce

Split the JB server?

Split the JB Server?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Split the JB Server?

• Yes
    • No

Alright, so here is the proposed plan: Split the Jailbreak server into two servers, #1 and #2. Since JB is always crowded and populated, it's hard to moderate for mods+, and not as much fun for regular players as when there is say around only 20-30 people. Splitting the server would make it less crowded(as long as we use both servers) and would make it easier to moderate, making less freekills go unnoticed.

This would cost $125 to do this, so before anyone donates that much or we try to get that much donations I need to know if anybody would be willing to contribute and if the players think this is a good idea :O

So, yeah, vote.

so.. if you do split the server..? what if both server was filled? that makes it x2 much harder to moderate meaning we'll need even more .

so.. if you do split the server..? what if both server was filled? that makes it x2 much harder to moderate meaning we'll need even more .

Put a 25-30 player limit on each server

Maybe we could try that and use 1 of the unpoplated server and turn it into jb #2? just wait to see what silence says about it.

We should split it, but about what duckii said;

I think mods should just have a reserved slot, so if there ever is a problem they can join in.

There's mods that only allow, say, 29/30 players to join unless the 30th has a reserved slot, which will result in no one being kicked when the moderator joins.

Maybe we could try that and use 1 of the unpoplated server and turn it into jb #2? just wait to see what silence says about it.

There are servers that no one plays, so we might as well!

I really don't think Silence will like this, not only that, this means at night time, there might be 4-5 members in each server instead of 10 in one... this means either one mod rotating back and forth, or needing 2 mods on at night which means we might need the mods to be more flexible.

This right here.

I really don't think Silence will like this, not only that, this means at night time, there might be 4-5 members in each server instead of 10 in one... this means either one mod rotating back and forth, or needing 2 mods on at night which means we might need the mods to be more flexible.

I think this is a great idea, many people have been complaining about to many people in one server and suggesting a second JB server, I support this 100%

Also I agree with what Lissa said, i'm sure their will normally be a mod\admin in the servers but just to make sure a reserved spot would be perfect. :D

I think mods should just have a reserved slot, so if there ever is a problem they can join in.

There's mods that only allow, say, 29/30 players to join unless the 30th has a reserved slot, which will result in no one being kicked when the moderator joins.

No idont agree simply because if servers are split not as much fun :/

besides not much for mods to look out for except on ct side..

and if 1 mod online or a couple they dont want to be bugged to go on both JB servers at the same time...

Im surprised you didn't suggest turning RPG into JB #2

I think this is good because it's more manageable for the mods.

That solves the freekilling/racism/trolling problem right there.

This benefits the server because we will have less chaos.

I agree it's a bit unfair for the mods, but all in all I think it'd be a good idea, a good number of the players can't play on just the one JB server considering the 40-55 players always on since they don't have too good computers. ;P It'd help populate the xG and the servers.

No idont agree simply because if servers are split not as much fun :/

besides not much for mods to look out for except on ct side..

and if 1 mod online or a couple they dont want to be bugged to go on both JB servers at the same time...