Sign in to follow this  
Fullbring

Fullbring !class Revision V1

(Read thoroughly as every paragraph, comment, and quibble is pertinent to the whole of the discussion)

I really like the class system, but only because you can choose the weapon you start with. I don't like the extra hp and shield, and I feel like I'm cheating. However, I enjoy how no one argues over "who has *insert gun name here*" every round ^^ I understand some enjoy the ability to choose their starting weapon which may or may not be fair depending on the map, but the majority of T's are disappointed that it is harder to rebel because... it really is! Headshots are impossible for the weapons provided for T's and the end result are that T's lose more often. If I had a say in the editing of the groups, here are how the classes would be to seem more fair to the rebelling faction:

Fullbring's V1 Class System (CT)

Sniper|75+|0{}|No Class Ability

"The elusive sniper, the guard who lurks behind friendly lines and punishes those to whom his iron sight falls upon."

As the sniper, one usually sits back from the action to glaze over the T's with an AWP or Scout to protect the Warden and his teammates. Therefore, having less health should not be a consequence since they rarely see close quarter combat. If the gun spawned is an AWP, then reduce the ammo so in total they have 20 rounds. No sniper ever should have to use 20 shots in a round or JB (or they are a poor aim XD). And if the gun is a Scout (doubt it, but it is more fair on maps that lack AWP's, like the one space jail w/ deathrun and the open summer map with the AWP hanging from the wall) then make it so that it has a regular amount of rounds to make up for the damage lost, but gained shots.

Medic|100+|0{}|Heal Teammates + Over Time

"The aiding medic, the one not afraid to sustain a bullet to help help his teammates in need."

When there is a warday or an ailing squad mate, the medic rushes in to save those who may need the extra hp to finish the round. As much as the medic is more a defensive and strategic player than the other offensive classes, it is not without its benefits. The point of being CT is to be defensive, as T's on the attack are the only ones who can initiate an actual feud. The medic should spawn without an offensive weapon and gleam from the weapons available since there really isn't a reason to assign a weapon to a pretty non-lethal class (as SWAT are now in game). Sticking with the warden provides an excellent bullet shield when needed and preserves the Warden in case of attack.

Support|100+|0{}|No Class Ability

"The common support, not lacking in anything, but not gaining either."

As a class that exemplifies the norm in jailbreak as the original spawn class, this keeps the flow for those who would rather ignore the class system and live off the map provided. Spawned with an M4(14?) it's the class that new players will find balanced and old xG pros find nostalgic. It's the plain class that can be an all around without any of the provided benefits of the class system and will ultimately be the class everyone spawns as. This would be a good idea to ease players into the class system by making the users slowly accept that they are using the class system and also provide the knowledge that they can change to weapons for specific classes if they so want or like playing with that style.

SWAT|100+|25{}|Regenerate up to 25 {} To Self Moderately

"The daunting SWAT, the heavily armed judge, jury, and executioner and rebel spirit breaker."

Tired of standing and watching the uninteresting turn of events of the day, this bullet jolly seeks thrill in the kill and often goes it alone in hunting down rebelling T's. As a self sustaining bullet sponge, the SWAT is the rebel hunter who often is taken by surprise by a T lying in wait. As such, a small bit of armor counteracts some damage and give the class more room to react and execute. This class should spawn with a shotgun since it has less long range damage, but is more intimidating at close range and since most maps take place within the confines of a closed prison, it makes more sense when stalking around corners looking for T's on the wait to jump an unsuspecting CT.

And, for the T's (you guys need some love too ^^) I've made some classes for them as well to review. I've made the classes more strategic since you really can give offensive capabilities to T's since they need to acquire weaponry in the first place (and to stop people from running blindly into a group of CT's >.<):

Fullbring's V1 Class System (T)

Runner|75+|0{}|10% Extra Speed

"The hyper runner, enough training in the yard has prepared him for escape."

As the runner, your purpose is to either run into a vent while dodging bullets or running into a group of CT's before exploding. This class is great for those who otherwise would have trouble running from the pack into a broken vent or a shady alcove to avoid detection. At the cost of not having the fortitude of regular T's, this class can cause mayhem and surprise the CT who may have been lured into a false sense of security from the non-rebellious T's...

Booker|100+|0{}|1000 Extra $ Per Round

"The miserly booker, gaining extra money for unscrupulous transactions for explosive materials."

Ever felt that the only way to get kills or attention was through the use of explosives ? Look no further than the booker! This class specializes in retaining money throughout the rounds to save up for some quick use smaller bombs or a megaton of a bomb. While this class does not retain the bomb if they die, it would be something that could be looked into for future classes. Like all classes, only a few people at a time can use this class.

Prisoner|100+|0{}|No Class Ability

"The common prisoner, not lacking in anything, but not gaining either."

The brother/sister class to the support class on CT, this class is the normal T class that they should start out on. For those just staring or those who would rather skip the class system entirely, this is the class for you. It boasts the blandness of the prisoner, but either way, you don't lose or gain anything because of that, which may be fine for most T's.

TANK|100+|25{}| Regenerate up to 25 {} To Self Slowly, -10% Speed

"The jacked TANK, the fortress that beefs up the line of attack for the rebels."

As the TANK, escaping is not in your blood. You enjoy confrontation and because of that you have many ways to play off this character. One would be a bullet shield for someone who has a gun in a stack. While providing cover, you minimize the damage to the group as a whole and increase your chances of killing more CT's before going down. Another way to play off this class is if you are gifted at rebelling and do find a way to acquire a medium or long range weapon, you have the chance to take out the warden and some of his defenders while ignoring a little more damage than usual, giving an extra couple shots in that might turn the tide of battle.

And there you go! My V1 class system ^^ Now, while adding more classes (and I've thought of many) could lead to progress, it's also understandable to hold off and not overwhelm a player with too many options. For now this works fine. Now for the fine tuning [WARNING: If you aren't an the one editing the class system, the next bits of info may be quite bland if you didn't think the rest of it was bland already XD). I made the classes to play off each other, much in the way that classes play off each other in TF2. Here are the diagrams.

Medic=TANK: Both are mainly supportive roles.

Sniper<Runner: The runner counteracts the Sniper as the Sniper has more difficulty hitting a faster moving target.

Support=Prisoner: The general classes are the same.

SWAT>Booker: The element of surprise is taken by the fact explosive damage does less.

The only problem that the class based system for the T's bring up is the unfairness of the increased/decreased speed. However, since few people can use those classes at a time, it balances it out and even creates some counter rebellious strategy. For the Runner, by surviving until a race or a climb competition, they increase their chance at Lr. In comparison, the TANK may find the ability to take more gunfire and damage as a bonus because many of the games on the maps are designed to hurt and it makes for knife fighting easier.

Well, that is my opinion. I'd like to hear some honest opinions on the system and throw in some changes or additions you might like to see :3

P.S. Adding this now, the typos are kinda a given. It was late when I wrote it X3

Seems like a good idea i like them all.

i didnt really like the ones that they added dont wanna call them old cause they just added them but it seemed like CTs were abit over powerd and Ts got nothing cause CTs almost all got extra HP some more then others but still it took around 3 knife hits to kill them and Ts were the same as always so i think these would be much better. I guess a +one would end this post

Me gusta.

I think it would've helped if the classes told you how to work them and what to do at the beginning. I might've missed it in the text but I chose medic and had no clue what to do with my new class exactly, or how to make it work.

Maybe like an in game short summary of the class? Sounds like it could help. I was confused at what SWAT and Support were, though the other two were kinda self explanitory, but the "Runner|75+|0{}|10% Extra Speed" could be enough, say if once you clicked the class, it gave you that brief summary on the next sub window and gave you the "Accept" or "Back" option if you didn't like the sound of the class or it didn't fit your personal style.