Snackbar

Can we change Surf back to DM?

Change surf ?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Change surf ?

• yes PLEASE gimme dat RPG DM!!!!
    • I like waiting for hours while people delay the rounds
    • Give it a trial run / own server

Myself and Serb have been discussing this and it seems like the general consensus amongst the people Ive discussed it with, but Id like to see the surf server go back to RPG DM. I feel as though it would help to populate it more, and personally, I would play the living shit out of the server (and not be forced to play on other clan's). I cant put into words how overwhelming annoying it is to die in surf by accidentally hitting the corner or a some bullshit and then have to sit and wait for another chance. RPG DM allows us to constantly respawn thus providing faster, more intense, and all around more rewarding gameplay, not to mention leveling up is always fun and motivates you to play.

Can we consider this / do a trial run / get it its own separate server?

Id be willing to donate to help the cause.

Inb4 no

I don't play surf much for this reason. Everyone has downs syndrome when it comes to ending a round.

I'd play it more if I could actually respawn.

+1

I actually +1 this.

I went on RPG Surf the other day, and left. Without DM - it's boring. And not worth it, to me at least.

+1 for DM.

D: but then there will be more spawn killing and camping spawn... i like it the way it is. plus i like when i die so i can spectate people and learn secrets and how to improve my surfing. -1

+1 for making a separate surf rpg server that has deathmatch. Since not everyone has the same opinion of deathmatch, why not have both so everyone who likes the surf rpg style can enjoy it?

I don't play surf much for this reason. Everyone has downs syndrome when it comes to ending a round.

I'd play it more if I could actually respawn.

+1

Id be rank one in a week.

I dont wanna play pub anymore because its D2. Theres thousands and thousands of D2 servers out there, and as someone whos been playing CS since 2002 I DO NOT WANT TO PLAY DUST2 ANYMORE.

Being dead in Surf and watching the others play is like getting stuck in traffic and seeing a motorcycle cruise down the median.

fffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.jpg

im more for the idea of a seperate rpg surf server with dm, i dont want the original server to be made dm cause its populated because of the lack of dm (which is hard to find these days)

im more for the idea of a seperate rpg surf server with dm, i dont want the original server to be made dm cause its populated because of the lack of dm (which is hard to find these days)

yeah keep the original and make a new one for other people.

Id be rank one in a week.

I dont wanna play pub anymore because its D2. Theres thousands and thousands of D2 servers out there, and as someone whos been playing CS since 2002 I DO NOT WANT TO PLAY DUST2 ANYMORE.

Being dead in Surf and watching the others play is like getting stuck in traffic and seeing a motorcycle cruise down the median.

fffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.jpg

Playing since CS 1.6 myself, started in late 03' - 04' :D Didn't buy CSS till much later, but it was still in its prime.

And I agree. Watching is what killed my mood.

@ Kelly, we enforced no spawn camping once. We can do it again.

Simple really, go back to how it was in the old days. there are usually mods/admins on in surf because it is good, we can easily enforce no spawn camping.

Its on scrimmage settings for a reason, it's easier to have people stay active on the server, it makes it harder for people to level up giving them a reason to stay on. Once its DM itll be easier to level up and easier to max out and itll defeat the purpose so the new people who join the DM will just instantly keep dying while everyone else is maxed out. Defeats the purpose of having a good time, making the new ones leave. It won't be populated as easily. The way our surf server is set up right now, it keeps people coming and staying.

But maybe changing one of our servers to a DM server to test it out would be a good idea too.