Sign in to follow this  
SyrJirk

"I call warden" Voice command?

"I call warden" Voice command?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. "I call warden" Voice command?

• Yes
    • No

After a week full of JB I've noticed that often times when there's a team full of unruly CTs or things are just going to hell, whoever calls warden gets drowned out by the many CTs in voice chat that he's trying to give orders but cannot which results in chaos, free kills, and reboobles abound.

I've been thinking about maybe enabling a voice command that when someone says "I call warden" all others are muted for a short period of time, just so he can get orders out without any interruptions and people can hear orders clearly, to prevent free kills, misunderstanding, and all around create a better day for frequent jailbreakers.

Not too long so if someone has a bad mic we're forced to try to put up with it, and of course admins/mods can still talk freely in case we have rule breakers but I would just thought that a way to make the beginning of the day start off as well as possible could be implemented to help.

Thoughts?

I don't really think this in particular is a good idea, just because there are many problems to go with it. I do agree that we need something to change with the calling warden policy and all of that.

Here's a post I had on another thread. Some people also rang in with opinions:

Feature Request.: auto warden calling

"The other major jailbreak server does it so where if you type in a command, it makes you the warden based upon how fast you type it in.

I think this would be a great feature because not only would it definitively settle who is warden, but it would cut down a ton on the micspam at the beginning of the round from the CT's. This micspam is not only annoying at the beginning, it can throw off entire rounds because people still quibble minutes later about 1) who was first 2) whether they formally "called it" and 3) whether there was a huge string of tarps because the correct warden was not the one who gave orders.

There's also a feature on the other jailbreak server for t's to fire the warden if the warden is not doing well or is unclear with orders.

I'm sure there are multiple ways to curb abuse, but I think the first step is to automate this process because the lack of it really can destroy entire games (especially when the server is busy and everyone is talking over each other)."

The problem with people typing a command for warden, is that people will just bind the command and spam it until a round starts. There's been a lot over this but there hasn't been a good decision without faults yet :/