Sign in to follow this  
DMTwired

admitions to mod

i feel that if you have 70+ hours on xg servers and know the rules and keep up to date on rules, you should be able to apply for mod without the 100 posts. [Example: Just because im not telling people what types of food i like or how much i want to see something happen in a map, doesnt mean i wouldnt make a decent mod.]

70 hours is not really much, and if you are active on the forums you get to know most of our members/leaders and whats new on the server and all that stuff, not everything on the forum is random you know.

Im just going to throw out the fact that over the course of the last....5 months or so, we've had a considerably large number of people becoming mods for CS:S (specifically JB) by majority, and the issue with freekilling, rulebreaking and general issues hasn't budged by a considerable positive step, from my observation. Many of these mods have had varying skill levels, play times for either CS:S in general or our servers, had varying maturity, respect towards players, etc. Some have looked better than others and done poorly in the end, and vice versa. And so much of this has been under the requirements that currently stand.

To sum up what i'm trying to say, the actual requirements that we have at any given time will probably not have the best bearing on how good a mod you will be. So suggesting a change in requirements is kind of pointless.

^your explanation:

>more mods

>less rule breakers.

No. That's terribly incorrect. Just because we have more moderators doesn't mean we have less randoms who don't read the MOTD. We can't exactly force them to read it unless they do something against it.

naw, what im trying to say is that if players have direct vouches from other xg mods/admins, and with lots of knowledge of the rules that you can surpass the 100 post rule. im not saying get rid of the current rules for mod submission. If anything you should make them stricter to start weaving out bad mods for the future.

^your explanation:

>more mods

>less rule breakers.

No. That's terribly incorrect. Just because we have more moderators doesn't mean we have less randoms who don't read the MOTD. We can't exactly force them to read it unless they do something against it.

Eh, that wasnt really my point. I was just making an observation that a lot of things (some of which aren't predictable) have happened in regards to the moderators/admins and the performance they've done versus the performance that is preceived, and how the requirements that are in place for a person to apply for a mod have no bearing on the outcome.

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

naw, what im trying to say is that if players have direct vouches from other xg mods/admins, and with lots of knowledge of the rules that you can surpass the 100 post rule. im not saying get rid of the current rules for mod submission. If anything you should make them stricter to start weaving out bad mods for the future.

I wouldn't side with the whole surpassing concept because of how easy it is to get 100 posts, even without spamming or making one-sentence comments. And I agree with the idea of making them stricter. I would imagine the process of properly analyzing a person's history and behavior adequately to weed out bad mods would take some time, but it should be done whenever possible. Saves trouble in the end.

that fact that it is that easy to get 100 posts is exactly the reason why it should not be one of the requirements for becoming a mod. They should be things that have meaning behind them. maybe if it only counted the posts in important things and have a certain maturity and length to it. but that would be hard to go through unless a division is set up just for making mods.

that fact that it is that easy to get 100 posts is exactly the reason why it should not be one of the requirements for becoming a mod. They should be things that have meaning behind them. maybe if it only counted the posts in important things and have a certain maturity and length to it. but that would be hard to go through unless a division is set up just for making mods.

It means you're active on the forums. You're not allowed to spam (Random doesn't count for posts any more).

you can be active on the forums and still not have lots of posts, just means that you read the important stuffs

Then how do you prove it?

I feel the same way, I know all the rules. A lot of people like me now, I help people follow and understand the rules but I don't post a lot. Its a little disheartening

The WHOLE reason you need to be active on the forums is to actual participate in this community. We aren't making it easier for people that play Jailbreak 24/7. TS3 is also a necessity too. It's a habit you have to build. I visit XenoGamers.org everyday of the week since one year ago because I like posting here in the community and it shows how I interact with community members outside of the game in a different environment.

Anyway, you could have 70 hours of idling and then you could apply. I find the 100 post rule to actual keep people in getting the habit of visiting the forums. I didn't get moderator until 300 posts and like, 5 months of server activity. I think you guys are lucky that you can now submit an application with minimum requirements.

that fact that it is that easy to get 100 posts is exactly the reason why it should not be one of the requirements for becoming a mod.

I think it should be rephrased that it's easy for people who really care and want to be active in the community to get 100 posts. For people who don't really care it's a hassle comparatively. Doubly so if you're patient enough.

The WHOLE reason you need to be active on the forums is to actual participate in this community. We aren't making it easier for people that play Jailbreak 24/7. TS3 is also a necessity too. It's a habit you have to build. I visit XenoGamers.org everyday of the week since one year ago because I like posting here in the community and it shows how I interact with community members outside of the game in a different environment.

Anyway, you could have 70 hours of idling and then you could apply. I find the 100 post rule to actual keep people in getting the habit of visiting the forums. I didn't get moderator until 300 posts and like, 5 months of server activity. I think you guys are lucky that you can now submit an application with minimum requirements.

Same here, XenoGamers.org is actually my fourth bookmark on my tab. Interacting with the community is a very big portion for this clan, why would you want to be moderator if you don't even socialize or let us know your opinions here?