Sign in to follow this  
Brian

[Server Idea] Trade Server

Team Fortress 2 Trading

Trade server. Most of the Team Fortress 2 players have been a trade server at least once or twice. We also need a trade server. This way, we can easily trade on our own turf, without having to go to another community to ask over in unfamiliar ground. Most people in the clan that play Team Fortress 2 are premium, and would like to get rid of their items, but would also like to earn an item in return. I say only trusted mods, admins, and division leaders should be allowed to middleman in the server, as there are a few members who already scammed several people in other servers.

In order to run a trade server, we would need guidelines, such as ways to run the server, what is considered scamming, what to do about a scammer, etc. Here are some guidelines that I would believe to be useful for a scammer, and how to deal with one:

• Scamming is classified as paying somebody lower than 70% of an items value
  • People who sell items at a very low price are not scammers.
  • People who buy hats for 1 refined are not to be classified as scammers
  • People who are selling unencripted weapons are scammers.
  • People who are buying unusuals and exclaim qualitlies are better than others (ex. Genuine > Unusual) are scammers.

We need regulation for all the free to play players that come on the server, begging for free items. These type of people are welcomed to play, but only if they do not spam chat, begging every few seconds for a free item. There is a plug-in that attaches a name to to free-to-play players, such as adding the tag [F2P] at the end of their names. This way, we can easily distinguish who actually needs items, and who wants to be a freeloader and get all their items for free, just to trade them away later.

We also need maps, but that is not a worry as there are many maps out there, made specifically for this purpose. The only maps we would really need is trade plaza, as it provides the most amount of trade access, without the risk of idlers. It also provides a fun experience, or as about as fun as a trade server can be. It's just the right amount that a person can test his or her new item, then continue trading in the server. Plus, it is the most common map, and many Team Fortress 2 players already have it downloaded.

There should be a no trolling policy (ex. Send multiple trades, then quickly closing them several times. If anyone should do this there should be severe action taken place, as we a s a community do not support any forms of trolling.

Ban lengths are one of the most important aspects we need in the trade server. We need bans to discourage and keep out many of the cruel traders that come in and out of servers, scamming people in every server. There should be different ban lengths for different types of actions as well. Here are some punishments:

• Scamming anybody of a high value item - Permanent Ban
  • Scamming anybody of a low value item - 1 Week Ban
  • Lying to admins about a scam - 1 Week Ban
  • Racism - 1 Week Ban
  • Constantly Begging for Items - 1 Day Ban
  • Trolling (Sending trades then closing them) - 1 Day Ban
  • Trolling (Calling somebody names) - 1 Day Ban

This is a great idea! All the big clans have a trade server. The only problem is the money. Im pretty sure CS:GO servers come b4 tf2 ones :P. Also we would need a map... maybe someone could make a clan trading base for xG? It would deffinently get the word out about xG (even if we all ready have tons of members and new ones applying every day)

First thing I have to say: You're a CS:S mod, not a team fortress 2 mod. Second, we really don't need a trade server; most of the ones that come up are unpopular/ no one plays on. (Except for the unusual trade servers and such.) Second, most of the players that I see ARE f2p, and have little to no items, so they can just trade in the servers we have already, just not spam the chat constantly. Not to mention that there is more than one way to scam, also "Members who scammed in the community" from what I heard, they asked what they wanted, agreed- then gave that. That's really not a scam.

If someone "scams" someone of a high item, they can just report them and they might get trade-status banned, plus, they're just HATS. What? Just hats? I bet you've never heard that before. And for "Trusted mods" / division leaders and such, Why not find someone who actually is an EXPERIENCED middle man/ trader? Unlike people who just started tf2, downloaded it, and don't understand the concepts.~ So again. I find this an unwanted idea.

Dude, what is wrong with you? What did I do to offend you so badly? Who cares if I made CS:S mod, I'm more active on Team Fortress.

Secondly, looking back at it, yeah it does seem stupid for the Middleman Idea, but I still say we need a Trading Server.

Calm down.

LOL. calm down? I'm not mad, or upset i was just stating that it'd be a stupid idea. And again, you went for cs:s mod- not tf2 so why not go for TF2 MOD instead?.. And again, we really don't need a trade server.

You would enjoy a trade server to sell crates? Again. Most of the people I see are F2P, have little to no items, etc. and I play on Saxton Hale/dust_bowl a lot. so what is there to ENJOY? You can sell those few low-priced items/hats on the servers that we already have. You really don't need a separate server to sell nick-knacks and what-not. And it's not you have cs:s mod to do with anything, it's that you act like you are a "major tf2 mod" when you are only a c:ss mod, so again.. why not just apply for Tf2 mod instead? You'd probably get it anyway.

Again, I still fail to see why you feel the need to bring up the Cs:s mod. And where did I mention being a major TF2 Mod?

Still, I believe we would need a TF2 Trading server, so the people who wish to trade high class items can trade them, with the risk of being lowballed reduced. Also, as I said, there is a plug-in that restricts or renames F2P Players, so they won't be an issue. Plus, I have rarely seen people trade buds on a regular server. People would rather trade in a trade server than a regular server, and since we have an expanding TF2 Community, it wouldn't be that hard to populate, and the members would be nice.