Sign in to follow this  
Duplolas

Blacklight: Retribution

This is a new 1st person shooter that is F2P and mixes a look of Crysis. With a customization system of Halo Reach and a bit of APB on the side. It plays in directx11 and you can see for yourself in the video below. It has been in closed beta for a while but just recently on February 27th it went into open beta. The game looks amazing and seriously its free, what else is there to want? With all the new 1st person shooters out, this really looks like it is in the top 10. And its free (for now). I did watch a interview with the creator of the game and he kinda hinted that this may eventually cost money. Which means buy it while its in open beta = free full version. I really have never seen anyone playing this ever and have only heard of this recently. Maybe this could be a opportunity for xG to expand into another game early on. Eventually this game will most likely expand into steam, but for now it can be downloaded at Blacklight: Retribution | Arc Games Try it out for yourself and write your opinions here, maybe xG could become a force to be feared in Blacklight: Retribution.

Here is the link with the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAXYmtMQ5Gc

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

Just played it some... Loved it. Hopefully people get into this game.

Played it at my bro's, it's pretty unique, but I can`t get used to the ability that everyone has legal wallhacks ._.

I`d be preaiming a sniper, and we`d both be activating it, waiting for the other to peek for 5 minutes.

Honestly? Me and Charrax have been playing this for almost a month? We have asked SO many people to get this and play with us.

add me on BLR: SliperyFingers (level 43)

Literally there are hundreds of good games to play on the internet that are not part of steam. And because of that really no one knows about them. Its annoying that people basically rely on steam for games.

I play this... I only got 1 problem, My Mouse senstivity i need it on a perfect number can't get it right always too slow or too fast :P and therefore i suck at it

Played it. Literally everyone was little kids raging into the mic, and everyone had the wall hack thing on. It was gay. And so are the respawn times :P

The wall hack only works for 3 seconds and you cant kill anyone while using it. Also after using it you have to wait 10 seconds to reuse it again, even if u dont use it for the 3 full seconds. As far as little kids on the mics, I have not heard one person talk, I didnt even know if it was possible to. There is no options for changing your mic's settings, or not that I could see.

Pro Tip: Buy a Sniper Rifle Permanently. Save up and use it non-stop. If you up grade it enough it becomes 1 shot kill anywhere on the body. But you have to play a lot before you can buy the parts to be able to have this God Gun.

So the only reason why you dont like the game is because you can use wall hacks for a extremely small amount of time and that while in that mode you cant shoot anyone? Thats depressing.

So the only reason why you dont like the game is because you can use wall hacks for a extremely small amount of time and that while in that mode you cant shoot anyone? Thats depressing.

No, cause it's a staple, bland shooter that attracts the public because of its graphics and nothing else. You might say otherwise, but this is my opinion. What does it do that make it stand out against other shooters? The inclusion of the "hard-suits" was a nice touch, I'll give it that but in the end it all boils down to the same exact thing. The whole thing is just boring and took itself too seriously for me. For all the same reasons of why I took a liking to Tribes Ascend: simple, effective and fun.

I agree with you in some of the cases, I myself downloaded it because I saw the graphics. Much like a shiny new toy can be used to atract young boys into windowless vans. But i really think it will pick up after it leaves its open beta which it only recently entered, i think it will be a great game.