Sign in to follow this  
McNeo

Speedtest to Chicago

The JB server, and presumably others, are located somewhere in the windy city. I'm curious what peoples connection speeds are, just for fun.

Go to speedtest.net. On the screen that looks like a battleship game click and drag to find Chicago. When you hover over the Chicago dot there will be three choice, choose the one that says "hosted by Comcast" (with my knowledge of Comcast's network I'm making an educated guess that Comcast feeds the trunk into most datacenters there). Once you click that, the test will start. Post your results using the "share results" button then "forum" tab:

aimg1.xenogamers.org_imported_2012_04_13.png.4ab17243e66abeebea74dc3a1c64b66a.png

Not sure where the UK server is but I just tried a test to London assuming that's where the trunks split anyway...

aimg1.xenogamers.org_imported_2012_04_14.png.53c4a9112dde898ee654ab80d238a4c3.png

aimg1.xenogamers.org_imported_2012_04_22.png.a3bd073e076bdf80c6db55902b6cf5e1.png

I mean its pretty shitty, but I live on campus so with the amount of people that are using it... I'll be home in like a week so I'll see how it is from there, but I've always felt like the internet was faster at Florida State. Meh, back to studying bonds :$