Sign in to follow this  
SgtBanana

Laptop Purchasing....

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

[/color]I can't argue much since laptop gaming sucks in general and most gaming laptops are Desktop replacements. but honestly get a 7200 drive whatever you do either you buy one with one or you swap.

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

260m is not a bad laptop graphics card, thats one of the "better" ones

Honestly man, I have a laptop with a 5400 drive and it has hardly any problems. I only see a slight difference in loading times...

There are differences, if hes using it for everyday use and nogames he should get a 5400 but hes saying he wanted to play games on it, and load times ARE DIFFERENT if your loading games or moving files.

See this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10DTsWqZhAs

Dude... That's like hardly anything to whine about. You're making it sound like a HUGE *** deal.

Dude... That's like hardly anything to whine about. You're making it sound like a HUGE *** deal.

Thats because im seen dumbasses do SLI/CF instead of getting a decent hard drive. You basically bottleneck the entire system if you don't balance the system as closely as you can. Even though usually the hard drive is the lowest number in your WEI. (5.9) unless you SSD. Im done argueing after this, he can buy whatever he wants.

I wasn't saying that processors are the almighty awesome power. I was just saying that it's better than his little 1.6 GHz dual core he picked out. I'd much rather use a **** Intel Pentium 4 3.6 GHz which I just stole from my school last week when I took my box creature home. (He hid it for me. :))

Also,

Crysis 2 should be easier to run than Crysis. Try running Crysis, you'll get a lower FPS.

The first Crysis was coded ****ing terribly... So quite frankly, it ran like ****.

Crysis 2 was coded fairly. So it ran better.

I know, the first crysis I could only run on medium/high (half and half). But my point was that you don't need that i7 processing power, so you'd be paying more for something you're NEVER* going to fully use (at least within the next like 10 years?)

really a macbook lol rather get an Orion laptop with the money it costs for a macbook and the orion would kick ***

I know, the first crysis I could only run on medium/high (half and half). But my point was that you don't need that i7 processing power, so you'd be paying more for something you're NEVER* going to fully use (at least within the next like 10 years?)

Did I say anything about the i7....?

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to ask you if you actually know the difference between how high the GHz is and how many cores there are... And what it means when you have a 1.6 GHz x2 processor vs just a Pentium 4 3.6 GHz.

I wasn't saying that processors are the almighty awesome power. I was just saying that it's better than his little 1.6 GHz dual core he picked out. I'd much rather use a **** Intel Pentium 4 3.6 GHz which I just stole from my school last week when I took my box creature home. (He hid it for me. :))

Lol, my school processors suck (Intel Core 2 Duo at 2.3 Ghz) and how did you manage to steal a processor????? Taking the case side panels off and taking the CPU cooler off and unlatching the CPU and putting it into a box creature would take me about 10 minutes to accomplish

Lol, my school processors suck (Intel Core 2 Duo at 2.3 Ghz) and how did you manage to steal a processor????? Taking the case side panels off and taking the CPU cooler off and unlatching the CPU and putting it into a box creature would take me about 10 minutes to accomplish

That's really not that bad of a processor. Don't forget that Intel has hyper-threading either. That's a pretty decent processor.

Just because the one I stole has 3.6 GHz doesn't mean that it's better than the 2.3 GHz x2 that your school computers have. Yours actually has 4.6 GHz compared to the 3.6 GHz I stole.

And yeah, I dismantled it. I also stole the heatsink. Took a good 2-3 min.

That's really not that bad of a processor. Don't forget that Intel has hyper-threading either. That's a pretty decent processor.

Just because the one I stole has 3.6 GHz doesn't mean that it's better than the 2.3 GHz x2 that your school computers have. Yours actually has 4.6 GHz compared to the 3.6 GHz I stole.

And yeah, I dismantled it. I also stole the heatsink. Took a good 2-3 min.

if i just send you some money, will you build me

a high-end gaming computer? ;D

Just sayin, not all games utilize all cores. For general computing or using lots of applications, more cores = more speed. But games are now starting to utilize more cores. Its better for later. I guarantee that my Phenom X4 will be fine for atleast 3-4 years (well atleast till new consoles)

Honestly don't just worry about core speed, buy a nice balanced system. My original system I would say was bad with the processor but, try to balance it.