Sign in to follow this  
SgtBanana

Laptop Purchasing....

Hi Everyone,

At this moment i am entering the 4th quarter of my sophomore year in hight school... and as school has progressed computer accessibly has really been an issue for me. I'm not looking for anything special, just something that can do the job at a price around $500 -> $600. Anyone have any suggestions? The highest i could possibly go if the computer was really worth the price would be close to what the envy 14 is now. The comp needs sti, and i need u... anyone have any ideas?

Sgt. Banana

I agree with Magical_Trevor/Ninjew Bunny. It has a 3.0 Ghz processor and features good ATI graphics with a 5400 RPM hard drive and 4 gigs of DDR3 Ram so even if you wanted to play CSS on it , it would be possible. I personally like Desktop computers better just because they usually last longer and because all of the hardware is not jam-packed with next to nothing for cooling. I have also bought a Toshiba Laptop in the past and it never failed me, I bought something similiar to yours and I still have it and it plays games like Fallout New Vegas at the default resolution with it at decent FPS if you turn down a little settings

Miinty, that was a really through post and i really appreciate that answer....

Lol.. He didn't have to point all that out.

But anyway man, I really recommend it. I searched around for a 500-600$ laptop for you and that's the best I could find. It'll be great for gaming and every day use.

5400 RPM WHAT ARE YOU DOING! GET A 7200 DRIVE FOR CHRIST SAKE! THOSE LOAD TIMES

I say take a M11XR1 or Micro Center - Computers and Electronics (Thinkpad X210e) (Silence knows what hes talking about)

6310 will play CSS AMD Radeon HD 6310

Weaker cards have played CSS at nice resolution and the page says it can play L4D2 Medium at 1336by768

Its also better then the HD4200

5400 RPM WHAT ARE YOU DOING! GET A 7200 DRIVE FOR CHRIST SAKE! THOSE LOAD TIMES

I say take a M11XR1 or Micro Center - Computers and Electronics (Thinkpad X210e) (Silence knows what hes talking about)

6310 will play CSS AMD Radeon HD 6310

Weaker cards have played CSS at nice resolution and the page says it can play L4D2 Medium at 1336by768

Its also better then the HD4200

The processor speed on the one I posted makes up for the 5400 RPM.

1.6GHz x2 with 7200 RPM vs 3.0GHz x2 with 5400 RPM. Which wins, buddy?

hmmm im going with magical on this one, amazing for the price. Btw, Magical, processors are so overrated for what you need to get great performance. I'm running with a dual-core 2.8 GHZ and i can play any game, INCLUDING the more recent ones (crysis 2, farcry 2, assassin's creed brotherhood etc) on full high. My graphics card is pretty shitty, too. (GTX 260m)

hmmm im going with magical on this one, amazing for the price. Btw, Magical, processors are so overrated for what you need to get great performance. I'm running with a dual-core 2.8 GHZ and i can play any game, INCLUDING the more recent ones (crysis 2, farcry 2, assassin's creed brotherhood etc) on full high. My graphics card is pretty shitty, too. (GTX 260m)

I wasn't saying that processors are the almighty awesome power. I was just saying that it's better than his little 1.6 GHz dual core he picked out. I'd much rather use a **** Intel Pentium 4 3.6 GHz which I just stole from my school last week when I took my box creature home. (He hid it for me. :))

Also,

Crysis 2 should be easier to run than Crysis. Try running Crysis, you'll get a lower FPS.

The first Crysis was coded ****ing terribly... So quite frankly, it ran like ****.

Crysis 2 was coded fairly. So it ran better.

Youll just have problems with load times with a 5400 drive. If you "want" you can just swap the hardrive when you get it which costs like 50-100$. Just hope they give you boot disks.

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

I can't argue much since laptop gaming sucks in general and most gaming laptops are Desktop replacements. but honestly get a 7200 drive whatever you do either you buy one with one or you swap.

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

260m is not a bad laptop graphics card, thats one of the "better" ones