Sign in to follow this  
Neo

Long Paper to do? No problem!

So I'm not sure how many of you know about this simple and amazing trick.

What you do if you're using Microsoft word is click the upper right hand button "replace" In the "Find what:" box you put a period and in the "replace with:" box you put another period. Then click "more" then "format" then "font" and change the size of the period to 14 and 16 if you are feeling really ballsy.

What this does is creates more space in your paper, and the longer the paper the more space will be created. It's not noticeable at size 14 and a little bit at size 16, keep in mind if you turn it in electronically they have an easier chance of finding what you did.

Happy paper writing!

Neo does not and never will condone cheating, only utilizing your resources at hand!

Pshh that trick is for babies. Here's a better trick. If you gotta email the paper to your teacher, before you do it, open the document in your favorite text editor and delete some of the source, then save. This will make a message appear upon opening the document that says FILE IS CORRUPT and you can get some extra time to finish your paper if they are lenient!

all my assignments are to be in size 12 font, double spaced, either times new roman or arial, and usually they are 8- 10 pages not including title page and sources, meaning the total count would be 10- 12 pages, they also have to be numbered

Don't forget to double-space after periods. This is a habit of mine anyways which comes from type-writer days where all text was fixed-width so a double-space helped differentiate between sentences. It's no longer a common practice, however it's not forbidden.

Speaking bout' papers , I've got a research paper due pretty soon. However, I've heard of this trick before,but never tried it.

any one wanna write a 16 page report on the movie i am making? I'm just to damn lazy :) been filming all week.

Pyro, granted yes some teachers know about this, but unless you turn it in electronically they will not notice the difference between a 12 point period . and a 14 size period .