Sign in to follow this  
Samantha

New Server Idea

Which game modes should be created?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Which game modes should be created?

My idea originate from Gmod's fretta gamebase. Basically a collection of game modes bundled each with a set of maps and a vote plugin to select the game mode and then select the map. With a framework like this we can always add new game modes to the server keeping it fresh, instead of having dedicated servers per game mode. The game modes will all be custom and will only be put on xG servers. This way we have a server with many game modes and maps , which switches to what the majority wants.

Completed Game modes:

These are game modes that i've done and finished or almost near completion.

ClockWars

The objective of the gamemode for the CT team is to kill the cloaked player. CT will not be able to see him, but he has no weapons, so once he strikes they can attempt to kill him. Striking the cloaked player with a knife disables his cloak for 2 seconds, and inflicting damage on him will release goo. The mod also features a class selector, to allow players to pick various weapons on spawn and give them special powers.

One in the Chamber

From COD obviously, each player is given a pistol ( deagle ) with one bullet and a knife. For each kill achieved the player will receive one more bullet. It will probably be free for all and last one to survive wins. Custom maps needed though.

Ideas

Sharpshooter

Again from COD, all players are given the same weapon, selected randomly. Every 45 seconds, a new weapon is selected at random and used by all. This will be team based though and timer might be decreased. Rounds will last 5 minutes and players can respawn.

What do you guys think about this? I want to make sure it will be played before I make the framework and other game modes. If you do like it have any other game suggestions? If so post them with detail, if we all like them i might ask you for more detail so i can make it. This is the time to give ideas!

Vampire / Leech

Players fight to live. Your health is consistently being drained, so doing damage is

completely necessary to stay alive (that and dodging bullets) the player who stays

alive the longest wins at the end of the round. (ended by time)

Free-For-All Based

Gladiator

A team based game, where only the Gladiator can score by killing. which means

team work is critical. the team with the most kills (determined by the Gladiator)

at the end of the round wins. (ended by time).

Team Based

Flame Tag / Virus

One player starts out on fire, he is the beginner tagger or Virus.

The beginning flame tagger must catch other players on fire, until there

is only one remaining and that player has to defend theirself for a certain time period (30-45 secs)

once the player has defended them self, they win the round. if they do NOT survive, the beginning tagger wins.

the beginning flame tagger only has a knife until more players are tagged, the tagger

can also run slightly faster then normal players, and being caught on fire does not slow

you down. you can also NOT be 'put out' (ended by last alive)

Free-For-All Based

Assistant

Similar to regular Free-For-All, only exception is the player doing

the worst gets an assistant. (a hard-difficulty Bot with a usually funny Model)

This keeps classic Free-For-All fun, but with a twist. (ended by kill limit/time)

Free-For-All Based

Protect the President

Team Based, one player is the president hence he gets no guns but 100 armor and he gets bodyguards, you would get a plugin I guess to make sure the teams are even. The point of the game would be to kill the President but you have to get through his bodyguards first. Bodyguards would have to be either invinsible or high health. The Terrorists would be able to respawn but the bodyguards once they die, die.

Catch the Rabbit

Team Based, kind of like cat and mouse games. One player on other team and he moves extremely fast, a sort of speed hack. The objective is for him to the get to the other side of the map and plant a bomb per se. So the other players have to basically kill him.

Scatterball

Just a standard game where you can't respawn until the person who killed you is killed.

Deadpool

You are given a list of people you must kill. The first person to kill everyone on their list wins.

Doctor Dodge

Each team gets a doctor chosen at round start. It should be random everytime. The doctor can revive a player if he gets killed. The objective of the game is to kill the doctor!

hmmm... can we try combining scatterball with doctore dodge but the only players that can revive is the doctors... so 1 doctor per team and that doctor can revive players on their team but once they die from an enermy they cant respawn unless that enermy was killed :D?

hmmm... can we try combining scatterball with doctore dodge but the only players that can revive is the doctors... so 1 doctor per team and that doctor can revive players on their team but once they die from an enermy they cant respawn unless that enermy was killed :D?

you could try combining any of these, I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to try ;D

Edit: I voted for them all. xD

Jason F13

One player is dubbed Jason and gets a knife and a silenced usp with one clip of ammo. He is frozen for the first 30 seconds allowing the players to hide. HE then has to slowly kill the enemy team one at a time until the last man is alive. This player can then try to kill Jason. Knife are the only weapon allowed at the end.

I'll be working on the vote framework for starters and then I'll move on to each gamemode. Once we have a few we can launch the server and keep adding more etc. Ill be working on sharpshooter first though.

4 v 100...ect could be 2-4 v 10

What happens is that one/two CT start off with your classic commando (M4,M249,Auto Sniper, USP, Full health & armor, and grenades) behind enemy lines (T's, only Mac10)

How it starts:

The CT are given a 10 second head start and the rest (T's) must hunt them down. The goal of the CT is to make it to extraction before killed. There is multiple predestine path, just like Zombie Escape. When the T's are shot they can either be frozen, or killed and sent back a few feet back.When CT's reach the Extraction they are picked up by a Chopper and taken away.

Perks of CT

Gunshipx1- Press E with Bomb equipped. Only for one of the CT's

Roles of T:

-Dogs; able to see CTs on Radar

-Sniper; Only scout

-Soldier; Normal Grunt

I'm sure there's flaws

I like sharpshooter, one in the chamber, but also I kinda want an xG gungame/classic server. I like classic games over JB (only because i've played every JB map like 500 times each!)

I really like the idea of both one in the chamber and sharpshooter those are both great games and i have been waiting for some one to introduce those to the servers ..... I love it

Sign in to follow this