Sign in to follow this  
MuLLin

My email got hacked!

Hey guys,

My email recently got hacked n so they changed my email password BUT also my steam password and everytime i need to get code from my email i cant get it!!!

Im fkin pissed off to the max and RLY want my accounts back, anyone know any password decrypting programs available/way to get them back or am i doomed?

Plz help, might consider buying a hatpack for the person who can help me get them back :)

I assume you've tried the password recovery options provided by your email provider? Secret questions? Alternate email recovery? Text message recovery?

And unfortunately there's no way to "decrypt" a password.

Passwords are saved and transmitted as hashes. Basically when you create a password it goes through an irreversible math algorithm and that result is saved on the server. When you enter your password to login it goes through the same algorithm, then the result is compared to what is saved on the server. If they match, you're in. Hashing algorithms are complex and cannot be reversed - most of the ones used today would take a supercomputer something like 4.7 thousand years to crack by brute force or some bullshit like that.

fkkkkkk me!! I tried urrthing they asked, secret question is Favorite Teacher but that wasnt wat i had previously entered/dont know answer to it... well there goes my steam account/email ive used since i was like 14 :(

And thats why we don't get phished. This really sucks mullin :/

To make the manners worse the guy on your account is adverting it to your entire friends list.

Is there anyway you could contact steam support? I'm sure they could possibly recover it for you through a series of verifications. Maybe i.p.s :/

Who's your email through?

A lot of times if you contact their support via email and breifly but thoroughly explain the situation they will take steps to help you get back in. They'll go through a lot to confirm identity, possibly ask about recent emails, who's in your contacts, things like that. They'll also realize that your email is being accessed from a different IP address so they'll take that into consideration as well.

Mullin even if u recover your Email you cant recover your steam he changes your Email Contact info and secret questions because i did too and i got my email back cause i had it connected to my old email so it was easy to reset the password and get it back but getting steam back is the hardest i have already posted 2 help questions about my account being hacked and so far nothin im hoping they will reply soon so best of luck to you with getting your account back !

It was thru hotmail but they wont do shitall to rrecover it, steam is really my only option and that isnt rly sayin much :/

good idea serb, just to be sure cuz i wont probably be on for a looong while since i now gotta buy css again... or find pirated version somewhere. Well imma miss you all... cannt believe this happened, pissed at myself more then anythin but there are just those evil ppl in the world. Karma is only way to get justice on them....

I had my account stolen once, just take a photograph of your CD Keys and write your support ticket number and your account name and post a request to recover a stolen account and you should get it back.

1) Sent hotmail a msg and got my email back with the information given

2) Got my steam account back thru steam support, allah bless them, and now im good to go!!

Ty for all you guys' tips/pointers on what to do, if it wasnt for ppl tellin me to contact support im not too sure i would have done it