Sign in to follow this  
McNeo

Serious

We were playing a minigame map where (like most) the first person through the door gets to choose the game we play. During one round the winner killed themselves after getting through, then I had to slay all so we could restart. 1 or 2 rounds later someone did it again, so I made a general warning that whoever does that again will be kicked. Serious got the the door first the very next round and his reply and his actions are shown in the screenshot.

With summer here and more and more derps coming we need our staff of all ranks to be able to do their job. I feel that in this situation Serious was a bad model for the public players, not to mention his disregard for the motd and an admin's general warning to all.

aimg1.xenogamers.org_imported_2012_06_37.thumb.jpg.d7849a3d57626e538d3c23f6123d7098.jpg

aimg1.xenogamers.org_imported_2012_06_37.thumb.jpg.01dc592b9fc2c64f1b11036f68eb6f17.jpg

I understand what is said above and yes this did happen, However, I think in this situation your overreacting, It was a joke the entire server knew it was a joke, you said dont do it or youll be kicked so i kicked myself, as a joke!, we had few people i thought we were just kidding around, I follow rules, many other people can tell you that.

After the very first person did it and I hesitated to slay all did you not hear 2 people pretty much "just do it i wanna play"?

And when it happened a second time more people were disappointed.

You glitched the map which is against motd, anyone would agree to that. As a mod you have to lead by example. If you break rules and disregard an admin then others may see it as okay. Also, kicking yourself like that, is technically aboosing your powers. (Just because "everyone else does it" doesn't make it okay, and in fact I know some of them have been warned as well)

I think in this situation your overreacting

Um, I didn't do anything except come here and post a thread. So. Yeah.

Ok well overreacting, you said you were posting a demotion thread in our steam chat, so ya, People were not dissapointed, a guy was going do it do it over the mic, including others, i kicked myslef after to save you the hassle, so i did it. I guess im sorry for trying to punish rule breakers, which in this case was myself.

All I said in steam was I was posting this thread.

i kicked myslef after to save you the hassle

And, no. You didn't kick yourself after you suicided. You just kicked while you were alive (see screenshot, you typed kick while alive). And, again, you did this immediately following me telling everyone not to do it.

People were not dissapointed

Well, lets ask some of them... @@Derp @@FurHappens @themick

a guy was going do it do it over the mic

Not even sure what this means.

I guess im sorry for trying to punish rule breakers, which in this case was myself.

Again, see the comment on my first quote in this thread.

He was laughing over mic saying do it, Your words were do it and be kicked, so i did not suicide first i dont understand the diffrence, i punnished myslef to your specifications, so i dont see the problem, but like you suggested lets take other peoples opinions into account, i will not comment on this again until someone else besides oursleves has said something.

I said "the next person to do it will get kicked". I did not say "would the player who is in control of the map please kick themselves for doing this a few rounds ago"

Didn't really think it would come to such but this is my opinion when i came into the server During this time Mcneo is correct in the statement that everyone was killing themselves that entered the map picking room because they thought it was funny but in reality it only made Mcneo have to slay everyone to reset the round he was also hesitant to slay the people but because we were screaming on the mics to get the round going he did so, so we could play. Mcneo is also correct in the fact that he did say the next person to do this was going to be kicked and it just so happened that serious was the next one to be picked for the map room. Now I do believe Serious was trying to be funny when Mcneo stated that he would kick the next person to do it and because Serious is a moderator and he can kick himself he did it but at the time people were getting irritated such as myself and some of the people on the server because everyone was wasting the round.

i kicked myslef after to save you the hassle, so i did it. I guess im sorry for trying to punish rule breakers, which in this case was myself.

Now don't you find this statement funny when he previously said that he did it out of a joking matter but now hes saying that he did it to punish the rule breakers (himself). First off I doubt that this statement could even be believable with the sarcastic tone it gives out but I simply believe he did it out of fun because everyone else was doing the same thing and this was in no shape or form away to (moderate).

He was laughing over mic saying do it

I'm curious who is "He"?

Your words were do it and be kicked, so i did not suicide first i dont understand the diffrence, i punnished myslef to your specifications, so i dont see the problem

The problem is that you shouldn't of done it in the first place again I understand everyone was doing this to be funny but this became a serious matter after Mcneo had to slay all the people two times just because the map pickers decided it was funny to kill themselves the other problem is that you kicked yourself knowing full well what you were doing it considering your kick message was "ima a ass" sort of seems like a spite act towards Mcneo plus if memory serves me right after you kicked yourself you came back and started to laugh about the actions you did.

This is my opinion if I had to choose I would have say that Serious is more in the wrong in this case.

You're on warning and also banned for a day, please take moderating more seriously in our servers or you could get demoted next time.

~Closed