Sign in to follow this  
McNeo

Need an Admin?

This is outlined throughout various MOTD and rules pages, but I'll put it here as a refresher for everyone.

Frankly, I feel like some of the "staff aren't doing their jobs" reports are actually because the players aren't approaching things correctly.

Just tonight myself, a Div Leader, and a Co Leader were summoned into JB because of reports of people trolling, derping, using racial slurs, etc... only to find that none of the players ever actually asked them to stop or attempted to report their concerns to admins in game.

TL;RD: Use @, use chat

If someone is breaking the rules or hacking or whatever please do the following...

Notify Admins in @ chat

Type "@" followed by a message in team chat to send a message to mods/admins. Remember that we may be actively playing the game so we may not be able to respond right away - don't spam, but if you think your message may have got overlooked feel free to repeat. Also, we also can't be everywhere and see everything so whatever info you can provide in the first message is a help. Finally, just bear with us - we have the ability to send private messages in game or use Steam so if you don't see us actively talking none-stop doesn't mean we're not working (usually, hopefully, we'll make you aware somehow that we're working on your request).

Mods/Admins don't always where tags or use a familiar name for a thousand different reasons. Just because you don't see an xG:PM/PA/M/A/D/C tag doesn't mean they're not there.

Voice your complaint IN CHAT

If a mod or admin isn't available use chat to make your opinion known. Again, don't spam, and don't try to enforce a non-existant rule. If someone is breaking a rule, being disrespectful, or whatever - put it in chat. This can be retreived later by yourself if you want a screen shot or by players and admins using that chat logs.

For example: Too many times have myself and other admins been called into game because someone is being racist only to find that no one in game ever actually asked them to stop.

Steam Chat

When to use Steam chat to contact an admin:

> You've asked the violator to stop

> You've used @ chat and no mod/admin is on

> You need a mod/admin to join the game

When not to use Steam to contact an admin:

> When mods/admins are in game

Why?

If you use Steam to contact us we have to tab out or use Steam Overlay to talk to you. This takes us away from the game and prevents us from seeing what's happening. Also, by using @ chat, all the mods/admins see the same thing so we all know what's going on and we can discuss it and know who's doing what - If you use Steam we are all on different pages and may hear/see/do conflicting things. Personally, it drives me nutty when people report things to me in Steam when I am in-game.

In closing

Between the players, the members, and the staff, we ultimately want the same thing - a fun gaming community. Recently rules have been changed or added to try to improve things, but ultimately we all need to work together and follow an order to doing things so the correct actions are taken at the right time.

That is all

Didn't proof read, and I'm drunk. Did it all come out right?

> When mods/admins are in game

I've had to call you in, even though there were mods in, before.

Didn't proof read, and I'm drunk. Did it all come out right?

Yes. It came out great.

[ATTACH]2945.vB[/ATTACH]

1319764613956.jpg.4616cc64725ab843aeef8a4ec514aca4.jpg

I must say sir, you excluded the most fundamental, significant, and precedence concurrence of Jailbreak. Generally, Jailbreak is a virtual facility by which it and carries the consolidation of mid-year adolescent possessing a peculiar behavior of shenanigans- serving as the epitome of uncivilized barbarians. It's completely absurd to rely on the fact that the abominations of JailBreak to articulate and forged a conclusion that they are developing enough intelligence to distinguish between the concept of pressing charges.

Thank you, and have a great day.