Sign in to follow this  
Forest

Map Help

Alright for about an hour i've been scouring google in a futile effort to fix this error I keep getting. The error is as follows:

"Your map [maps/ba_jail_forest_rooftop_2011.bsp] differs from the server's."

I've been getting this error for the longest time on xG:JB, and only now have gotten to the point of actually Doing something.

So far I have tried these methods:

1. Let Steam create a completely default installation (by changing name to my "counter-strike source" folder.

2. Deleting the Local Content for CSS and starting anew via re-downloading content.

3. Looked into the simple method of deleting the map in my maps folder (ba_jail_forest_rooftop_2011) and realized I didn't Have it. Once I realized the map wasn't even in my folder, I proceeded to download it off of "GameBanana". Didn't work either, same error.

Anyone know how I can fix this? I swear if it's something stupidly easy i'll smack myself.

- Dat guy, Forest

EDIT: Sad that this is my 100th post.

happens to me occasionally. just find your maps folder, and delete the offending map. than just rejoin the server, you will redownload the map, and all will be well

EDIT: didn't read completely... shit

If you usually rejoin it fixes the problem. I have a feeling that the reason it happens is because you have a bad connection to the server and you client doesn't get all the information/ download request.

I've had the same problem as well with another map. As previously stated I found my maps folder and deleted that map and redownloaded it when I joined the server. No issues since.

As I said, I didn't even have the map in my maps folder. And @@HaaDron it was the latest version. I already downloaded it and tried once more to update the map, still no luck.. As Panda said though, it may be this problem. Still don't know how to fix it though..