zippo

Mod application

Hey

Well, I've been playing on the CS:GO JB server for quite a while now. I'm very familliar with all the rules and guidelines.

It has come to my attention, that there are rarely any admins around mid-day in my timezone (GMT +1), so I have chosen to make an app for mod.

I have previous experience with administrating. I've been an admin on two CSS server, about 5 years ago, then another one a bit after that. Eventually those servers went down, and I moved on to Garrys mod roleplay, where I've spent years and years administrating on a HL2 rp server, fallout rp servers and a build server. All in the same community. Untill this day, I am still an admin there, but the community has died out, and roleplay does not interrest me anymore either.

I have a bit knowledge with mapping, made a gmod map once, nothing special.

Anyways, I hope you will considder my app, I'm sure I can help improve the server. :)

Yeah Zippo knows his rules and even though he hasn't been in the clan for a long time like me, hes been playing on the server lots like me and I think he would make a good mod so +1

I'm inclined to agree with Ron. Yesterday, I said an order, and then repeated myself, and he asks for a repeat well after (~10-15 seconds) I already did a repeat, when everyone else complied. I killed him, and he asserted that because I repeated before he asked, even though I along with another CT believed it was pretty delayed, that I did not understand the rules, as he jumped around in his cell.

Although I'll admit that his point wasn't completely invalid as per the rules, he makes a remark saying, that "You should know the rules." Not long after which he mic spams HLDJ multiple times even when it isn't free-day/war-day and was asked to stop. Examples include Pokemon music, and Tetris music, for well over 1-2 seconds, for multiple rounds.

I won't say that Zippo doesn't know the rules, because he does appear to know most of them, but it bugs me that while he can be somewhat harsh in his interpretations of his rules, that he just follows the rules that he wants to as evidenced by the aforementioned actions, and for that I question his judgements.

...or in the words of The White Stripes, "You can't be a pimp and a prostitute too."

If he can prove a greater degree of objectivity, then I'd be glad to change my -1 to a +1.

I'm inclined to agree with Ron. Yesterday, I said an order, and then repeated myself, and he asks for a repeat well after (~10-15 seconds) I already did a repeat, when everyone else complied. I killed him, and he asserted that because I repeated before he asked, even though I along with another CT believed it was pretty delayed, that I did not understand the rules, as he jumped around in his cell.

Although I'll admit that his point wasn't completely invalid as per the rules, he makes a remark saying, that "You should know the rules." Not long after which he mic spams HLDJ multiple times even when it isn't free-day/war-day and was asked to stop. Examples include Pokemon music, and Tetris music, for well over 1-2 seconds, for multiple rounds.

I won't say that Zippo doesn't know the rules, because he does appear to know most of them, but it bugs me that while he can be somewhat harsh in his interpretations of his rules, that he just follows the rules that he wants to as evidenced by the aforementioned actions, and for that I question his judgements.

...or in the words of The White Stripes, "You can't be a pimp and a prostitute too."

If he can prove a greater degree of objectivity, then I'd be glad to change my -1 to a +1.

The thing I was reffering to, when we were talking about the replying subject, is that nobody asked you to repeat, so you can't repeat and say that it was a valid repeat. I see now that I asked a while after the order, but the reason for that was that I had my game minimized. When I got into the game, I saw that T's were going around outside, and I wasent sure what to do. I noticed how nobody asked for a repeat yet, and said repeat.

I'm sorry for it being a late repeat, and saying that you dident know the rules, I just over reacted there a little.

And for the "mic spam", I never do that unless its a freeday/lr. And when I do it, its one of those "YALALALALA" rebel sounds that go on for like 2 sec, while i rush a CT. I've seen admins do this, so I dont see a problem with it.

-1 Doesn't know the rules well enough and not sure if the maturity is here yet.

On a side note this is a JB server, not a simon says server.

I'm not gonna try to start a flame war here or anything. But you shouldent be the one to talk about maturity, when you're the one talking shit to other players.

So, your side note is that I do too much simon says? Thats a bit of a bad argument buddy. I like doing simon says when I'm warden, so I do it a lot. I never do it two rounds in a row, and when T's ask for something else, I listen to their request.

I wasent aware of people thinking that we do too muchsimon says, nobody else ever mentioned it. But maybe its just you.

I am not sure if people are just -1 'ing this because they are jealous and want mod.. but Zippo 50% of the time I play is the best warden on the server at the time. He knows his rules well, and I find he plays good games.. and definitely has a good maturity level. He would make a good mod. +1

-1 I don't think hes ready yet... Needs some more time to show he knows the motd

I thought thats what the "test" was for? I'll gladly do the test, to prove my knowledge of the motd.

I wasn't trying to just -1 to be a hater. Like I said, I'd be glad to change it. The point I was making is, you can't just be a hardcore nazi about certain rules and then just ignore others. That would be hypocritical. It's all or nothing. The instance I mentioned previously was one where neither myself or Zippo were fully in the clear, but imagine if he were mod, and decides that gets a slay. I mean, you can't just enforce only the rules that benefits you.

As for the HLDJ, I definitely heard you when it wasn't free day, and I mentioned in game chat. Also, if I'm not mistakened, I recall you playing the pokemon theme song during pokemon. You mean to tell me that you were just playing that song for the heck of it during a free day? Come on, man. It's not a big deal, and it doesn't make you this hardcore rulebreaker, but you just gotta realize the lack of objectivity there.

And I see that as being detrimental, especially seeing as how tough Zippo is when he's warden during Simon Says. Imagine if he makes a mistake.

I mess up in the server too, but I challenge anyone to see my freekill and not admit to it and slay myself.

I wasn't trying to just -1 to be a hater. Like I said, I'd be glad to change it. The point I was making is, you can't just be a hardcore nazi about certain rules and then just ignore others. That would be hypocritical. It's all or nothing. The instance I mentioned previously was one where neither myself or Zippo were fully in the clear, but imagine if he were mod, and decides that gets a slay. I mean, you can't just enforce only the rules that benefits you.

As for the HLDJ, I definitely heard you when it wasn't free day, and I mentioned in game chat. Also, if I'm not mistakened, I recall you playing the pokemon theme song during pokemon. You mean to tell me that you were just playing that song for the heck of it during a free day? Come on, man. It's not a big deal, and it doesn't make you this hardcore rulebreaker, but you just gotta realize the lack of objectivity there.

And I see that as being detrimental, especially seeing as how tough Zippo is when he's warden during Simon Says. Imagine if he makes a mistake.

I mess up in the server too, but I challenge anyone to see my freekill and not admit to it and slay myself.

Ok, I don't get why you keep going on with this, but if you insist.

First of all, I don't have any pokemon theme song. All the songs I have, was from a pack that nighty gave me, who some other guy gave him. Funny how you're so certain about this.

What do you mean with, enforcing some rules, and ignoring others? Please give examples.

I've been playing a disco song, during some disco shit day where the warden asked me to.

If I dident know any better, you're trying to put me in a bad light here buddy. I do make mistakes, I never said I dident. I often slay myself because of an accidental freekill.

And for the "imagine if he was mod". I know what its like to be an admin. I've had years of experience on that point, and I admit I have fucked up from time to time. But when I do, I take the garbage that comes with it. In that situation, I wouldent have slayed you. I would have asked you about it. And then, as I also said in my previous post, I would have realised that the reply was a late one, and went on with my life.