Sign in to follow this  
BrianG

Help

I recently purchased this laptop

http://bit.ly/S0p7yk

and when I try to run CSS I get a lot of lag and it freezes up for a few seconds every few seconds, I tried searching Google for hours and tried a lot of things, nothing worked

Thanks a lot for any help

A few questions for you:

Does this happen only with CSS?

What are the specs of your laptop? (click the start button, click "run", type in "dxdiag" and tell us the output) Oops, forgot to click the link.

How good is your internet connection?

What fixes did you try?

Is it low FPS or just your computer freezing?

If it's low FPS (could be the Intel graphics card lol) just try turning down your graphics. You can also get configs to lower quality of in game entities like water and reflections to get your 20-30 fps higher.

I have an ENVY too (but with a legit graphics card), and I was having the same damn problem with CS:S and Minecraft..

It doesn't look like you have switchable graphics, which was the first part of my problem. But I'm assuming HP is still using cool sense for the fan control. Disable that shit, because the envy runs very hot it draws too much power for the fan---> causes extreme loss of fps. As soon as I disabled it I have never had a problem with running games. It may not solve your problem, but who knows.

Green text..

Sign in to follow this