Sign in to follow this  
Brian

Need Help with Gaming Computer

Anybody mind helping me find some?

I'm looking to build my own flor around 400-500$, and a decent one at that. Maybe run games at 60FPS, or I'd even settle for 40, just something I can run games decently on high, rather than barely getting 20 FPS on low.

Do need everything, or are their parts you plan on re-using? Like case, optical drive, PSU...

I assume this $400-500 is just for the box, and you'll be keeping your monitor and such?

Do need everything, or are their parts you plan on re-using? Like case, optical drive, PSU...

I assume this $400-500 is just for the box, and you'll be keeping your monitor and such?

Yeah. Just need something to run right now. My laptop is falling apart on me, and I want something nice.

I need everything, and yes, I'm keeping the monitor and the other stuff as well. Just the computer itself.

i do have a recommendation for the HDD......if possible try to get a HDD that can go for 1-2Tb.....that way, your speed while running games can be adequate

Storage space has nothing to do with speed.

Maybe if you are using every single kb on your HDD then maybe it will affect speed, but 99.9999999% of the time it doesn't. RPM is what is important. 7200+ is ideal.

Brian here....

AMD A10 5800k CPU (APU) w/ integrated 7670 graphics

AMD A10-5800K Desktop APU (CPU + GPU) Trinity Quad-Core 3.8GHz (4.2GHz Turbo) Socket FM2 100W with DirectX 11 Graphic AMD Radeon HD 7660D AD580KWOHJBOX - Newegg.com

ASUS FM2 Mobo

ASUS F2A55-M LK PLUS FM2 AMD A55 (Hudson D2) Micro ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS - Newegg.com

500w Corsair PSU

Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more - Newegg.com

8GB (2x 4GB) 1866 RAM G.Skill

[PLAIN]G.SKILL Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model F3-1866C9D-8GAB - Newegg.com[/PLAIN]

Coolermaster case with side panel window (look into a rear exhaust fan)

COOLER MASTER Elite 430 RC-430-KWN1 Black Steel / Plastic Computer Case - Newegg.com

HDD Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200rpm

Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive - Newegg.com

the total cost is $437.67

here's a video of one of the most resource requiring games running with the CPU (APU) intergrated graphics, please take note that the fact he is recording also takes off 7- 10 fps and this build can also be upgraded with the AMD gpu acceleration here ( http://www.amd.com/uk/products/desktop/apu/mainstream/Pages/mainstream.aspx#6 ) or you can crossfire a 6670 and the apu and get better performance/more displays or another AMD graphics card

So overall a cost of $437.67 without any discounts and including shipping and handling for a system that can be overclocked (which also over clocks the gpu) and will future proof for the next 1-2yrs and run one of the most resource intensive games out there @30-40fps on med-high, I'd say thats a good deal

also if you are a student and are looking into a backup or cloud system here..

Western Digital My Book Essential 3TB Desktop External Hard Drive - Newegg.com

"i dnt want to start arguing but if i have a 100Gb HDD and every singke Byte is used on gamesit can affect the speed. I have an 80Gb desktop that has all games on it and it is incredibly slow....."

try to defrag it and your fine, installing and reinstalling applications/games can cause slower loading times

@Brian

That's a low-profile video card, it won't fit in your case.

Also, that's a laptop harddrive, which also won't fit. You need a 3.5" form factor.

Plus you forgot a wifi card if you still wanted that.

Keep in mind, too, that larger video cards that use 2 bays are going to block one of your mobo expansion slots.

Plus you forgot a wifi card if you still wanted that.

Keep in mind, too, that larger video cards that use 2 bays are going to block one of your mobo expansion slots.

@@McNeo Soon as I posted, I realized all of this. It's fixed. Did I do good?

Brian the power supply is sketchy and the video card could go for an upgrade and the cpu puts out a lot of heat so a cpu cooler could help boost performance and the build i sent you previously was in my opinion better but hey, its all compatible just make sure your case has a rear exhaust fan and mayb a cpu cooler, other than that good luck and order them after christmas so you can look for a good day christmas sale

Regards,

-ERNIE