Sign in to follow this  
Stupercrossman

My computer hates the word G-A-M-E

ok, so my computer hats the 'G' word. Whenever i search up, or click on, or access, or go to a website with the 'G' word in it.....IE9 or Google Chrome, or whatever other browsers i have, stop working. It'll say can't connect, or problem with server and some other garbage. THe thing is there is NOTHING wrong!!! I have went throught different setting seing if there are any restrictions....heck i had to re-do this post 100x becuaes it would let me post the word.

I am mentioning @@McNeo cuz, he seems to know alot about computers. If you know of this, you are welcome to submit. THANKS!!!

Also, another thing. When ever i type and make a mistake and go over where the mistake was made, and correct it, it gets typed over, example

Hello frind (i made a mistake lemme fix that) Hello frend...... [i cant explain it, but the words get typed right over, so if i make a mistake i have to hold backspace and then correct the message, as well as what i had written already]

EDIT I know there is a LOT of grammar mistakes, but i dont feel like typing over the whole thing becuase of one or 7 letters.

Trying to decipher you're english, but I think I've gathered that you can't type the word "game"

That's... Odd...

Ummmmm I'm going to need a lot more info before I even know where to begin...

Where are you typing it?

How are you typing it? (As a single word, as part of a longer word, as part of a web address, as part of a search...)

Can you type "g"? Then "a"? Then "m"? Then "e"? Like, when does it stop working? When you complete the word it disappears? When you try to type the "e" it doesn't go in?

Pointlessly tagging @Stupercrossman at OP's request.

This sounds sketchy.

I'd say google like I do to everyone, but considering you can't type the word "google," we may have a serious problem.

Trying to decipher you're english, but I think I've gathered that you can't type the word "game"

That's... Odd...

Ummmmm I'm going to need a lot more info before I even know where to begin...

Where are you typing it?

How are you typing it? (As a single word, as part of a longer word, as part of a web address, as part of a search...)

Can you type "g"? Then "a"? Then "m"? Then "e"? Like, when does it stop working? When you complete the word it disappears? When you try to type the "e" it doesn't go in?

Pointlessly tagging @Stupercrossman at OP's request.

it is indeed the word G A M E

i can give you some examples but it may not be s much help as i expect.

as for the 'G' word, like in the website we all know and love....also the store. I cant help you. all i can say is this. 'G' word stop.com when i fully type that in to the address bar IE9 and the other browsers ive tried show an 'error' page, or a 'cannot display' page

On facebook, when i search up the word it self, and it shows me results, when i click on Facebook 'G' word, IE9 will redirect me to a 'cannot display webpage' page.

On google / Bing / Yahoo, when i search the 'G' word, nothing happens and i get my search results, but when i click on a link to a 'G' word, then the error page comes up, and i get frustrated. The only time the page will show up, is if the webpage is corrupted or does not get updated anymore.

all this and there is nothing set into my internet / browser settings, and i can still access the xG website....very odd indeed

as for the typin issue. If i make a mistake in a sentence, then notice it, and click where the mistake is, then delete the mistake via delete or backspace, then correct it with the normal push of a button, and the letter after my type cursor, gets typed over, and then if i continue typing, the entire rest of the sentence.....i would shoe you if i could but i cant.

What do you use for anti-virus and anti-malware? That's probably a good place to start.

Download SpyBot Search and Destroy here: Spybot - Search & Destroy 2.4 Mirrors Selection . Install, update, and run a full scan.

I use the one and only Microsoft Sucurity Essentials, and i am in the process of a scan now, so, any viruses or mal-ware will be detected and removed, so lemme get back to you

While MSE is a good anti-virus, it lacks in malware protection. Additionally, all malware scanners work differently, and do a better job at detecting different threats.

I do this type of work for a living, please just trust me lol. Don't intend to sound harsh or be offensive, but, simply put, if you can't try the first thing I suggest I can't try to help you any further.

While MSE is a good anti-virus, it lacks in malware protection. Additionally, all malware scanners work differently, and do a better job at detecting different threats.

I do this type of work for a living, please just trust me lol. Don't intend to sound harsh or be offensive, but, simply put, if you can't try the first thing I suggest I can't try to help you any further.

ok, i dont doubt it, but there are two problems:

1. I do NOT know which of the selections to download

2. I will require an administritive code which i do not have to download ANYTHING....

alsright, MSE found a viruse.....a 'Trojan:Win32/Alureon', and removed it so if the virus was the cause, its gone, but here is the thing,

IE9 and Google Chrome still dont allow me to use the 'G' Word in my searches.

alsright, MSE found a viruse.....a 'Trojan:Win32/Alureon', and removed it so if the virus was the cause, its gone, but here is the thing,

IE9 and Google Chrome still dont allow me to use the 'G' Word in my searches.

If there's still a problem, then the virus wasn't the cause.

If there's still a problem, then the virus wasn't the cause.

Ok, yes, you said maybe its a virus, or mal-ware, etc. Well i had MSE scan 3 or 4 times last night (thus being more accurate in wheather or not there is a virus) and the first time it found something, i removed it, scanned again, and then again, and there was nothing. So, im asking you now, if you have another idea about why my computer wont let me use the 'G' word in my messages / posts / searches?

And the oddest thing is i can visit the xenogamers website......

I suggested SpyBot, do that first.

MSE doesn't scan for very much malware. SpyBot is designed to look for different types of threats.

I suggested SpyBot, do that first.

MSE doesn't scan for very much malware. SpyBot is designed to look for different types of threats.

YOU.......OMG, i downloaded that Spybot thingy, and instead of removing a virus it gave me a virus. it gave me a Rogue AND a Black Coal.....it took me over 7 hours to remove