Sign in to follow this  
Gkoo

Map Making Team (Recruiting Thread)

Looks gorgeous @@snakeboyeric Keep up the good work.

And @@Hidingmaster , I would recommend adding some walls, lights, etc. It helps me out a bit.

Great job guys.

Now that digital is gone, I may need some help texturing the whole map. If anyone is interested to help. It would be very nice.

[ATTACH]4243.vB[/ATTACH]

Had some shitty set backs, but here it is as of now, I'll work on it tonight and tomorrow. Just gotta add the dodgeballs, lighting, a place for CTs to watch them and an invisible wall to block the dodgeballs from getting out (if anyone can help me with the invisible wall thing that would be great).

EDIT: Nevermind, nothing wants to work for me so the dodgeball area won't be done for tomorrow. If you still want the base of the map I can still send it to you.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.36c52a6e18e5d22014b6f3dbc47a3fc6.jpg

Looks nice guys. Be sure to post your vmf's on mediafire.

Don't be alarmed. We are changing the theme. It won't effect you map. Just skybox's and minor details.

The new theme will be a Roman styled theme.

We need so far:

- A person good at texturing.

- How to create a fountain (Moving water)

- A good skybox.

Well.. here's what I have so far:

Steam Community :: Screenshot (Gun toss on left, knifing arena on right)

Steam Community :: Screenshot (Inside S4S)

Steam Community :: Screenshot (Inside knifing area, you can see gun toss through glass)

I was going for something simple, basic, and just neat; but I really need input on it. Obviously the textures were just for my kicks and giggles.

Things i want to add still:

Beams in the Gun toss pit

Lettering to label everything

What is in it now:

Knife area

S4S area w/invisible barriers

gun toss

Just kind of an important FYI: Its my first time using source sdk... EVER.

That's actually pretty good for your first time on Hammer, Hidingmaster. Great job.

Just reminding everyone. Your sections are due by 11:59PM tonight. (Central Time) (StartNow is having problems at home so he is excused)

I'm tagging everyone who I need a section from, just to remind them. @@StartNow @@Hidingmaster @Sham @@Arthman @@Ebic @@Seacow @@MuffinMonster @@Deodate

Here is a ZIP of all the necessary files to run/edit the pool area.

Download

EDIT: This pool has inspired me to continue on from the pool and make an entire Jailbreak map, with my own theme. I already have cellblock finished, as well as part of the yard and medic. This won't be affiliated with xenogamers or the team, but if anyone wants to test it or even help out, just shoot me a PM. I'd be glad to send you the files.

@Sham

Sounds good. Find a very nice looking skybox texture too. (In a 3D skybox there is the 3d area and then still has the skybox area right?)