Sign in to follow this  
McNeo

xG Help Desk - 1, 2, 3, NOT IT!

I have over eight years of professional experience in IT. I've never gone to school for anything IT or computer related. I started teaching myself around age 10 and built on my knowledge from there.

I have worked as a Network Operations Technician for an Internet Service Provider. I have managed a corporate network of over 3,000 systems and networking devices with over 800 users in 7 different offices across the U.S. and Canada. I have installed small and medium business network and computer systems from the ground up and been the sole point of contact and support.

I am 25 years old and currently I make $28 an hour working 40 hours a week providing support for managed services and cloud services to about 200 professional clients in the greater Twin Cities area. In my spare time I work individual contracts and charge $125-$150 an hour making on-site visits and remote support.

When I come home at the end of the day I want to make dinner, surf the internet, eat, shower, sleep, watch movies, do whatever. The last thing I want to do is keep working on computers. My own computer is lacking in performance because I simply don't want to work on it.

Simply put, please stop PMing me for help, tagging me in posts, and referring people to me. I am not your personal help desk guy.

I like helping people and I love computers - that's why I do what I do. But at the end of the day I've simply had enough and I want to unwind just as much as the next guy.

On top of that, 90% of the time, people never appreciate what I have to say anyway. Maybe you don't know my experience, or you don't recognize that I do have this experience and I might actually know what I'm talking about. But, regardless - whatever the case is, I simply can't help people who are helpless. I'm sorry guys, but you can't expect this of me.

I look through all the forums a few times a day - if I see something I want to help you with I will, but please don't seek me out and please accept what I have to say with at least some weight of probably being the right answer.

If you want to offer $50 an hour for remote support we can talk. Otherwise, like I said, if I'm browsing and see something I'm interested in helping with I will.

I am 25 years old and currently I make $28 an hour working 40 hours a week providing support for managed services and cloud services to about 200 professional clients in the greater Twin Cities area. In my spare time I work individual contracts and charge $125-$150 an hour making on-site visits and remote support.

I have over eight years of professional experience in IT. I've never gone to school for anything IT or computer related. I started teaching myself around age 10 and built on my knowledge from there.

Did you really have to include this information...?

Hey @@McNeo.

Im only 16 and I got 2g invested in this Index of /

I know the owner of the company and get this. His names Ryan Walters. Hes a ex FBI top 10 most wanted hackers who got caught and was forced to either work for the FBI for 6 Years or go to prison. So after he spent 6 years with the FBI he left and became head of some divison of Northrop Grumman.

Proofs:

http://www.northropgrumman.com/performance/pdf/cybersecurity/technology/cybersecurity_value_model.pdf

Northrop Grumman Highlights Broadband Wireless Capability At COVITS 2007 (NYSE:NOC)

After he left that he started his own company called... TerraWi!

He also runs my friends Cyberpatriot program: AFA CyberPatriot Website which got him 5th place nationally!

I also talked to him about being a sponsor for xG :P As kinda a ironic thing as his life beyond his criminal career was cyber security, and xG is constantly being DDOSed. Im meeting with him again in a month or two for getting my Cyber Patriot Team going at my school which will have 60+ members from freshmen to senior which will keep the club going after I graduate.

And im 16 son. GOMFL

Oh and also he was a Ex-olympic track athlete.

AND ALSO I gave him two ideas for his company that he is now implementing in his product.

Hey @@McNeo.

I know the owner of the company and get this. His names Ryan Walters. Hes a ex FBI top 10 most wanted hackers who got caught and was forced to either work for the FBI for 6 Years or go to prison. So after he spent 6 years with the FBI he left and became head of some divison of Northrop Grumman.

Proofs:

http://www.northropgrumman.com/performance/pdf/cybersecurity/technology/cybersecurity_value_model.pdf

Northrop Grumman Highlights Broadband Wireless Capability At COVITS 2007 (NYSE:NOC)

He also runs my friends Cyberpatriot program: AFA CyberPatriot Website which got him 5th place nationally!

I also talked to him about being a sponsor for xG :P As kinda a ironic thing as his life beyond his criminal career was cyber security, and xG is constantly being DDOSed. Im meeting with him again in a month or two for getting my Cyber Patriot Team going at my school which will have 60+ members from freshmen to senior which will keep the club going after I graduate.

And im 16 son. GOMFL

AND ALSO I gave him two ideas for his company that he is now implementing in his product.

Yeah....

BUT DOES HE EVEN LIFT????????

Hey @@McNeo.

Proofs:

And im 16 son. GOMFL

So pretty much you want this guy inside of your pooper?

How to solve problems:

Delete system 32

shutdown /i in DOS

enter your ip into browser

once inside portforward using the wrong ip

Inb4McNeoSuggestsABetterWay

Mcneo gave me an hour of free remote service, he distinguished the problem, it was out of his hands. Dude is a whiz with computers. He did it for free for me. #goml

Hey @@McNeo.

Proofs:

And im 16 son. GOMFL

So you wanna suck his dick or what..? No point whatsoever in that post