Sign in to follow this  
Rhododendron

Chrome Sucks

Issue 1373 - chromium - Navigating dark background websites results in blinding white flashes between pages. - An open-source project to help move the web forward. - Google Project Hosting

How can you continue using it when issues like this aren't even fixed?

AND I DO REALIZE IM USING CHROME ATM :P

I use all browsers to make sure the stuff I code on the website works everywhere!

And happened to have tested last on Chrome

Now answer my question you Chromosexuals!

Yes, bright flashes when looking at a dark background is a wonderful reason why chrome sucks. I also refuse to use it because of its reliability, faster speed, as well as user friendliness. Who needs that crap? :P

Yes, bright flashes when looking at a dark background is a wonderful reason why chrome sucks. I also refuse to use it because of its reliability, faster speed, as well as user friendliness. Who needs that crap? :P

Which Browsers are the Fastest? [Real User Performance Data] - New Relic blog

Ehhhh it was only faster in the beginning since it had little support for website functionality, it's slowing down.

And don't talk about speed, IE 10 is faster :p

And using Chrome is a friggin task, they push out a major release like every night and you are constantly updating it...

That blog also didn't have info on Chrome 24...which is what is the current version if I remember correctly. Regardless of its speed though, it's still faster than IE and I like it more than Firefox. Firefox is wonderful, but I never did like it, mainly for aesthetic reasons and a few quirks that it has. Life or death, would I use Firefox over Chrome? Sure, it's good, but if I had a choice then I would stick with Chrome.

Oh well, like the article said, there is a great deal left to personal preference. I bought a laptop with 12GB of RAM (I had no other option in RAM size, and yes that is a FREAKING ridiculous amount to have and will never use more than half of it.) so the memory usage isn't a big deal to me. However, 2GB? Yeah, Firefox or IE 10 definitely. Also, meow.