Sign in to follow this  
GentlemanWhale

Linux + Mic + CSS = Nope

Okay... so I have a problem in Linux with my mic. It works everywhere else, in the sound settings, in steam voice settings, even with the CSS voice test option. But when I join a server, it doesnt work anymore. I am using Linux Mint 14 Mate 32 bit, I am using a Logitech USB headset (which isn't my main, I was using an analoge one, but I switched to USB to see if it would fix it. It didn't.) and I am currectly using ALSA for my sound stuff. I did get it to work once in tf2 (oh yes, did I tell you this problem extends to all source games?) but I forgot how I did it... so I know it is def possible to fix it, but I'm not sure how. Any Linux experienced users wanna help out?

Go to Ubuntu forum, they are wizards at this sort of thing and you are using Ubuntu so they will help :)

It says you are using Ubuntu on the bottom left of your post, just read that you are using Linux Mint.

Do you have the necessary packages in order to use your headset?

If it's a USB mic try changing the USB port that it's in. If that doesn't work let me know and I will see what else I can find about it.

I'm not sure... well I guess if I don't know, then I probably dont. I mean, I have ALSA and Pulse audio... I'm guessing those are the packages? Gah sorry... I'm a very new person to linux, coming from Windows (windows was constantly bluescreening, and the only way I would be able to fix it was to buy a 50 dollar driver disk from ASUS. No thanks.) so I don't know much about it.

Edit: Like I said, the mic DOES work everywhere else, it's just when I connect to a server is when it decides to stop working. And I switched ports, didn't change it.

Ubuntu

Look for the drivers for your particular mic. Usually found in the updates part, or the addittional drivers tab in the Ubuntu Home.

CS:S

voice_enable 1 in console

or

"-autoconfig +cl_cloud_settings 0" in the properties -> set launch options, without the "