MrJeeblez

Building A Gaming Pc!

So for Christmas, my brother bought a motherboard, and told me that we are (finally) going to be building a gaming PC. The motherboard we bought is a FM2A88X Extreme 4+. I was wondering what parts you guys think would go well with it? We want to stay around $900 to $1000, including monitors, keyboard, etc.

Link to MB specs: ASRock > FM2A88X Extreme4+

:afro::afro::afro::afro::afro::afro::afro:

Edited by Rhododendron (see edit history)

nice. I myself am building one just $100 short of what i need atm. anyway go to teksyndicate they will help you get a nice af gamin rig for that money.

here's what i'm trying to build AMD Athlon II X4 750K, Asus Radeon HD 6670, Antec One - Kirito's build - nach0nick's Saved Part List - PCPartPicker

AMD Athlon II X4 750K, Sapphire Radeon HD 7750, Antec One - System Build - PCPartPicker

10$ More is a 30% performance increase across the board. Don't get a 6670.

AMD Athlon II X4 760K, Gigabyte Radeon R9 270X, Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 - System Build - PCPartPicker

Here's my rig, with all the stuff I wanted included. Just under 1000$ after rebates. I'll probably get a 760 instead, because of Shadowplay and PhysX, but other than than that, this is my die-hard build. It's 700$ without all the extras included. You don't need an expensive keyboard at this price range, unless you're willing to spend another 100$ or so dollars. Go with a decent 10$ mouse, preferably optical, and go to the pawnshop/thrift store, and pick out a cheap mechanical keyboard. That's what I did.

• The motherboard is future-ready, with PCI-Express 3.0 and FM2+ ready
  • The RAM is dual channel, which is better than a single stick
  • The GPU has the best Price/Performance out of all the cards, maybe second compared to the 280X, but close
  • The Processor isn't anything fancy, but it'll be better than an i3, or equal to an FX-4300
  • PSU is way overkill, but it has wiggle room for Crossfire, which I like. Corsair, Antec, and Seasonic are recommended,

• It has an SSD, which might be pricey at this range, but I want one for my programs and such.