Sign in to follow this  
Mad_Scientist

Claiming Warden

We should have to type !warden if we want warden, when we join the server and that should put us on a list.

Then the server should randomly pick someone from that list. This would eliminate the server picking someone who doesnt want to be warden and also should eliminate someone being picked who doesnt have a mic. Then there should also be a pass warden button.

On a related topic, if we had the server pick the warden like i explained above then maybe the wardens name could be displayed on the screen somewhere so people dont get confused. Plus then if he dies his name would go away and everyone would be aware if the warden is dead. So we dont have Ts yelling that warden is dead and its a freeday when the warden is still alive. Plus maybe the sever could display 15 secs passed FREEDAY.(If noone else called it, maybe if the warden dies you type !warden to take over)

Creating a Warden-Choosing-And-Passing system seems to be out of the question.

Mostly because I don't know of any mod creators in this clan.

Nevertheless, I do believe that a system that Arthman suggested will work. It's very similar to an idea I had, and I think would work, if implemented.

High-traffic games will always be an exercise in maintaining order during overwhelming chaos. That's just an inherent part of JailBreak as a mod in general, and there's no way you can really fix that without some large overhaul of JB as a whole. So I don't think trying to fight against it will be either easy or exceptionally rewarding, and personally, I feel like crafting some complex warden-selection system is just fixing something that ain't broke. The current way we choose Warden, i.e. someone who wants it calls it, works fine enough, even if on 30+ player games you'll have a few seconds of confusion as two or three CT's vie for Warden. The benefit to it is that it's got simplicity on its side, which is a plus considering how absolutely mystifying JB can be at times (which is important, considering some form of rule violation happens at least once per game session), and as far as I'm concerned it usually ends up with quality Wardens getting "selected," albeit in subjection to how many good users there are online.

So, honestly, the great irony about any warden-selection system is that we'd spend a whole load of time crafting and fine-tuning some new gadget that could get us to the exact place we already are at.

We already have a rule in the MOTD if you call it, and people talk over you then they will be muted.

It's hard to tell which person called warden since most of the players I encountered just called warden at the very beginning a round.

Tbh this is just a fight you guys will not win. There will never be a good enough plugin for our servers to allow people without mics to be cts AND to have no problem with choosing warden every round. As ero said, if someone calls it first, we just mute everyone who talks over him, and if there is no admin on, you guys have to do your best to choose one before cells are opened. I'm glad you guys put your feedback on the forums, but as I said, there isn't really anything we can do to keep everyone happy :/ Anyways, if you guys have any more ideas I'd love to hear them.

-Aegean!

I usually say, "Shut up!" and count to a number. For instance, 5, I slowly count to 5 and I have the Ts decide who was the first one to call warden. This process usually takes me 10-15 seconds.

Solution:

everyone switch teams and become a T.

then everyone stays in their cells, and has a in-cell freeday.

Then they all learn about sharing and friendship and switch back over to CT

and won't have to argue over warden anymore.

Well, unless we can come up with a script that detects who ever used their mic first, or if there are two or three at the same time you could vote, we are in the meantime SOL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who Viewed the Topic

5 members have viewed this topic:
    DepressedNeonNepp Egossi Topaz Biscuits Julian