Sign in to follow this  
Jaybreeze

It's a sad, sad day.

Almost positive he wasn't mentioning you, he said good ones (:

So I was a bad admin/mod hmm... Ok then. We can't all be Aegeans. How did you get so good at making everyone think your good -_-? LOL

@ Nullbyte I agree I can't stand to be in there for very long anymore either. At least I am visiting the other servers....I wonder how many other people know about them and do the same..

So I was a bad admin/mod hmm... Ok then. We can't all be Aegeans. How did you get so good at making everyone think your good -_-? LOL

@ Nullbyte I agree I can't stand to be in there for very long anymore either. At least I am visiting the other servers....I wonder how many other people know about them and do the same..

Lolz <3 I is just kitten

yeah, I agree, moderators are douche bags when it comes to slaying someone. If I was a mod I would probably slay someone every round for doing something wrong. I'd be a total Ero (ya, I'm using him as a noun so what? ;P) I don't think there's anything wrong with the way Aegean administrates. He's one of the few that will talk on his mic over everyone to state an issue and give a warning. If everyone was like Ero, people would be slayed, ticked off and wouldn't want to join xG again. That's why a mix of mods is good. But there needs to be some sort of rule in motd stating that arguing with a mod will lead to ban (unless there already is one) so if you slay someone and people are arguing with you, you can just slay them and tell them later it's in motd. Idk, it was just a thought, but I'm sick and tired of people getting away with free killing, or gun planting (both of which are the most popular). IT NEEDS TO STOP.

yeah, I agree, moderators are douche bags when it comes to slaying someone. If I was a mod I would probably slay someone every round for doing something wrong. I'd be a total Ero (ya, I'm using him as a noun so what? ;P) I don't think there's anything wrong with the way Aegean administrates. He's one of the few that will talk on his mic over everyone to state an issue and give a warning. If everyone was like Ero, people would be slayed, ticked off and wouldn't want to join xG again. That's why a mix of mods is good. But there needs to be some sort of rule in motd stating that arguing with a mod will lead to ban (unless there already is one) so if you slay someone and people are arguing with you, you can just slay them and tell them later it's in motd. Idk, it was just a thought, but I'm sick and tired of people getting away with free killing, or gun planting (both of which are the most popular). IT NEEDS TO STOP.

slaying someone for arguing about a slay that happened earlier would just lead to more drama.

Administrators and Moderators are NOT always right, people have a right to defend themselves if they

think it was a freeslay. Which a moderator or admin should state why the person the was slayed and

what rule they broke.

Make up your mind argue for or against me retard LOL. Im not a mod or admin anymore anyway keep my name out of your mouth.

Secondly, where is this new motd? Soiarn killed 24 T's on a 2+2 trivia question 30 seconds into the round and nothing happened, is that a joke? I quote nickname here, "it was perfectly legit because theres noting in MOTD about how many T's you can kill". ...really? Thanks for the FYI, ill be rank 1 in no time then whenever i get warden.

Yes, this is dumb, it s being fixed. So, no problem there.

Next, since people dont like 86% of the maps on the rotation, why dont we just delete every map besides lego, vip and avalanche since people are just going to do RTV freedays until one of those is picked.

We just got rid of most of the maps that nobody likes. What remains on the server are either the more popular maps or maps which have some interesting or unique jive to them. 1-spamming has gone down considerably since this (I mean, yeah, any server with more than 6 people is doomed to 1-spam, but it's at least not as prevalent) and it's probably in as good of a place as it could be.

We literally played Razors_Redone for 2 rounds, 1 of which was a failed warday turned freeday. 2 Rounds and the next was a RTV freeday, because "theres nothing to do on the map".

Yes, I thought Razor should be removed too, but it's surprisingly popular with many players, so who's to hate?

Okay cool, we go to vipinthemix, what do we do? Well heres the list: simon says, warday in soccer, trivia, first reaction last reaction.

Welcome to JailBreak, where being a warden and constantly trying to come up with fun, interesting things to do is difficult. Trust me, I've been Warden a lot, and you're chock-full of cool ideas the first three or four rounds, but then you're warden for a fifth, sixth, seventh, and eighth round and you're starting to run out of ideas on the fly, not to mention that anything even vaguely ambitious requires super vigilent CT's or else you can enjoy your infinite rebellions. It's hard being Warden, brah, especially for extended sessions, and sometimes the best a person can do for a r ound is surprise trivia. Have a problem with that? Call Warden.

Finally, admins only look out for themselves, i dont mean this 100% of the time, but if something goes wrong with them its an automatic slay and no further discussion is needed. Fine, thats cool youre doing youre job in that situation, CT's were opening vents, gunspamming and freekilling and what happens? Oh, i didnt see it or "get proof". Im not going to wait in armory to grab a screenshot to put on forums and then be told, "oh well theres no proof its him, you could have been trying to frame him" (eg, see other post on ban request).

I've also heard that the admins drink blood out of toddler skulls. I think these may be related?

Anyway, admins do the best that any volunteer on a silly set of CSS servers can. They can only catch so much of what goes on -- keep in mind that a lot of times they're just trying to play the game, same as you. The reason you notice that those who freekill or teamkill an admin always die is because obviously the admins always notice that. It's not that their selfish and only care about themselves, it's just there is a freekill up in their face and they did something about it, whereas Joe Shmoe dying on the other side of the map because he may or may not have stopped shift-walking for five seconds is much more difficult to adjudicate. You obviously didn't see it, and it's basically a game of their word vs. the CT's word, which is more or less just rolling the dice and seeing if the CT sounds guilty enough to slay themselves. I've used the @freekill function enough times and I've seen mods try to address it the best they can, but obviously 60% of "freekills" are just a T getting confused on the orders and then flipping out when they get killed doing what they thought they were supposed to be doing.

What's even worse is trying to judge a freekill that you weren't even online for. You don't know what the orders were, you don't know how things were going down, you don't know what the CT or the T was doing individually, you don't hear both sides of the story since only the aggrieved party reports it, etc. So obviously the mods are going to need you to show them what was going on for them to be fair, because otherwise they are making a judgment call based purely on their second-hand hearsay.

So the moderators do their best, the servers are as fine as they have ever been, and the map and motd situations are changing for the better. It's a pretty good day as far as I'm concerned, and I think that you'd see that if you'd take one look out of your self-convinced negativity. Smile and brighten everyone's day! :D

Sign in to follow this