Gorillabot3000

Hotel Wifi Is Cancer...

I just moved into a new hotel and just got a new potentially-kickass laptop. I was able to go online the first day, but at some point while I was watching cat videos, my computer just disconnected to the network. When it said that it was connected again, I started the browser again and got redirected to the login portal, except for one thing: the page wouldn't load. Chrome says ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED at the bottom. The only way to get the internet to work at all is to go back to a previous savestate, which kinda doesn't help when you realize that I wind up having the same issue the next day. My mom's computer had the same issue, but her fiance somehow fixed it just by running CCleaner (which didn't work when I tried it on mine). I tried talking to somebody at the front desk, and they knew about as much as me.

The only site I can get to is oddly enough Youtube. Which would be a good thing, if it would let me watch the videos. Instead, all I can do is comment, assuming that it automatically signed me into Google +.

IT'S BAD ENOUGH THAT I CAN'T USE THE INTERNET ON MY 3DS, BUT DO THEY REALLY HAVE TO MAKE IT IMPOSSIBLE TO USE THE INTERNET ON MY COMPUTER TOO!?!?!?

The only advice I've been given on this was either unhelpful, or in nerd language.

If anyone can translate the ladder, link: windows 7 - Unable to view browser login screen at hotels and libraries - Super User

Not sure if it would be the same, as this guy's running Windows 7 and I'm running 8.1, however hopefully this solution could work.