Unitato

The Divison: Yay Or Nay?

As the title suggest I am wondering wether I should pre-order the division. If anyone who has played the beta wants to give me their opinion I would appreciate it.

Best way I can describe it is the gear system of Destiny, the banditing system of DayZ, the 3rd person shooting of Metal Gear Online, and the cover system of Gears of War. There's probably a way simpler comparison, but this is what first came to mind.

It's a pretty fun game, but is definitely more enjoyable with friends. The biggest allure of the game is the Dark Zone, where it becomes a battle ground of PvE and PvP. There will be roving NPCs who will want to shoot you, and who you'll want to kill for better gear, and there will be roving [groups of] players who will want to kill you for any loot you have gathered or who you'll want to kill to loot their gear. You won't know who is enemy or friend in terms of players until they've started shooting, but the odds of you getting into a firefight escalate as soon as you pick up loot of any kind.

I would strongly recommend getting some play time into the beta (assuming it's still open) since it's free before considering to pre-order, as getting an opinion isn't necessarily enough for a game like this.

What @Forest said is pretty accurate but idk if preordering is all that worth it, you dont get any bonuses and you might not enjoy it, but the only thing im pre ordering this year is deus ex mankind divided. i know im gonna enjoy the story at the very least. so i'd say check out beta coverage and see if you think you might enjoy it but to say it again its probly best to have friends to play it with cause the darkzone is gonna be a bitch other wise