Sign in to follow this  
Rhododendron

History of Xeno Gamers

Alright I am bored so I will tell you guys how Xeno Gamers was formed. It began on July 10th, 2010 where my brother and I formed a clan called Operation Paperclip. We turned an old Lenovo 4000 N100 into the first Jailbreak server. After getting a flood of 15 players on the server we found out that it couldn't hold that many players, so we rented out a single server from NFOServers. Thus, the Xeno Gamers Jailbreak server was formed. The popularity grew and very significant members joined such as Trollface, Duckii, ****(y) Blaster, Muffin Trap, Llama, and many others. We created the first website on Google Sites but it came to our attention that the name 'Operation Paperclip' might be a little controversial since it turned out to be a US project to recruit Nazi scientists. Anything that refereed to Nazi's probably wouldn't make us look good so the search for a name started! After a week of intense discussion we decided on 'Xeno Gamers'. The domain 'xenogamers.com' was acquired and the first website went up! It originally was Joomla with a phpbb3 bridge, but we decided to switch to vBulletin because of the mass amount of plugins for it and its simplicity. Silence took one for the team and convinced his parents to let that be his only Christmas gift, and it worked! We had a great website running, a great Jailbreak server but everyone pleaded for more. So we switched to a 2-core VPS (it was the same price as the Jailbreak server so we felt we would be getting our money's worth) and moved the Jailbreak server, and created a Deathrun server, and a Mini-Games server. The Deathrun server never picked up after 2 weeks so we decided to remove it and switch it to a Slide Race server, which quickly became popular on account of how little Slide Race servers there was. Xeno Gamers quickly grew and we switched to a 4-core VPS. We created many new servers making our server line very diverse from other clans. We ran many mods that were considered broken or dead and people absolutely loved some of them! Even though there was much steady growth, it was nothing compared to the summer of 2011 where we grew immensely, our Jailbreak server became #2 in the world, and we gained so many great members taking the edge off our current admins. New ideas were made, and many new plugins making us different from other clans even more. We switched to a 6-core VPS with the following specs (it's a VPS so we don't use all of the power: "Dual Intel Xeon X5675 (Westmere-EP 3.06ghz) with 12 processor cores and 96 gigabytes of ram." This allowed us to run a 60 player Jailbreak server with tons of fun and immersive plugins making us a HUGE competitor in the Counter-Strike: Source server competition. This has made us pron to jealous clans who DDoS our servers because they will never be able to compete with us. And if they aren't able to compete with us today, imagine how hard it will be tomorrow.

operationpaperclipheader.png

Ehhhh the problem with sponsors is that they would want you to switch to their service and I won't risk that for any servers. Everything is the most fast and most stable it has ever been and I REALLY don't wanna mess that up lol.