Sora_

What Do You Look For In Games?

What do you look for in "good" games?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What do you look for in "good" games?

• Gameplay
    • Story
    • Soundtrack
    • Originality / Uniqueness
    • Replayability
    • Popularity
    • Challenge
    • Design
    • Length / Pacing
    • Other

When you play your favorite game, what exactly do you like most about it? Do you like the soundtrack? The gameplay? The story? A mix?

What exactly makes up a "good" game in your opinion? Let me know what your thoughts are. (May or may not be for a stats project.)

Gameplay, Soundtrack, Originality, Replayability, and Challenge.

I love games with all of them.

Some examples I can think of off of my head are

Destiny

Binding of Isaac:Rebirth

Warframe(kinda)

CSGO

TF2

In terms of importance, i'd probably say originality, challenge, story, gameplay, and lastly replayability are what I like to see. I love a game that pushes me and takes real effort to complete, not something I can halfass and still get from the start to the finish. I don't like to getting myself a lot of new game because if I don't spend enough time with a game, it's just a waste. When i'm looking at getting myself games though, it's usually either the story to the game or some unique approach it has that catches my attention to buy it (things like Nier Automata or Jotun, while something like Just Cause looks like the same game I've played under multiple different titles).

On top of all that, the soundtrack isn't often something I go trying to find before getting a game, but a good one is a great way to captivate me and make me enjoy it significantly more.

Just about everything aside popularity really, I do love good soundtracks I'll continue to listen to after finishing with the game, and I especially like games with good gameplay and replayability as well. Popularity doesn't matter to me as long as the game is fun.