Sign in to follow this  
Aegean

What's going on xG?!

Let me start off, by moving my head right, then left, then back again. Repeat x 5. You guys complain about our leadership, and say "WHY ARE YOU LETTING IN LITTLE KIDS" when we have multiple younger people in the clan, and for example ducki jr. you guys all thought he deserved to keep admin. Zehdari, who is another, got like 10 or more vouches from what I remember. They are younger, there will be exceptions to people who join, as our COMMUNITY vouches for them to get in.

Now, I know there are alot of trolls and stuff in our clan atm, but we are doing our best to keep disrespect minimum, and provide discipline when needed. If you guys see one of these certain "annoying kids" in our servers, being really annoying, PUT A MEMBER PROTEST! I've said this so many times, our JB server is populated 24 hours a day now, and we can only be on so much a day for us to see these kids that got vouched, have a reason to be banned.

Anyways, what we are changing. From now on, anyone who wants to be an xG member requires minimum 10 vouches, and anyone under 16 needs 3 mods or 2 admins to vouch for them.

THANKS FOR READING, lets get our shxt together xG. <3

-Aegean

we have multiple younger people in the clan, and for example ducki jr. you guys all thought he deserved to keep admin.

^This makes me feel special

I think all of the anti-young member stuff is ********. I mean, honestly, I don't think age factors in at all in the good-bad scale: there's young people like Zehdari that I think are perfectly okay human beings, and then there are older people in this clan that I think are jackasses. It's not age. Sure, being older gives you some much-needed perspective in life that makes you take the game a 100x less seriously, but for the most part I think young people can still make good members and that the new guards against them are ridiculous.

I know that with the recent dramafest over Colour leaving that we've had some whining about our newer members. Personally, though, I think that when people ***** about the new members being ****, it's just because none of them have made the effort to socialize with them. Usually people join, hang out and get to know the people there, get welcomed and become comfortable, and then never in turn welcome the members who walk in through the door themselves, so that when those old people leave there is nobody that they feel at home with.

This, to me, is just a lack of social effort. Most of the old people that I thought were awesome when I was first getting into xG are gone or dying off, and since Colour left there legitimately is like one person that I had a lot of fun with in my "old days," and yet I still feel like I fit into the clan because I've made the effort to socialize and get to know the people who joined after me. I get online at 2 or 3AM, and I talk with whomever's there; my reward for that, I think, is that no matter WHO is online I feel comfortable. There's countless non-xG scrubs that I recognize and enjoy playing Jailbreak with now, all because I don't immediately press tab and count up everybody in my clique. If more people did that, then I think we'd have a 100% less complaints about the new members, because everybody would realize that they are just as cool as the ones who are leaving.

So yeah, people come, people go, but everybody who constantly complains about the people coming being worse than the people going are almost always just too lazy to give the people who come a chance. They spent effort socializing with the OLD people, and so they don't want to have to start from scratch with new people. In a social environment like a clan, that's just a negative attribute all around.

Anyway, I don't object to having the minimum number of vouches go up (even if it does mean that I'll have to actually browse the new member application board now), but adding extra gates to younger players seems ridiculous to me. I'd rather we judge them based on who they are, not what age they are. If they're cool enough to get 10 vouches, who gives a single **** that they were born in 1996 or whatever. They're interesting people, let's play CSS with them.

TL;DR: I'm a pedophile, keep the youngin's comin'.