Edit History

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

An issue that we have on our servers is our treatment of slurs and offensive words. We don’t allow racial slurs and other vocabulary made to demean and offend, something that benefits the servers, But one word escapes this rule

Faggot

It is ridiculous that it is allowed considering the fact that the servers have such a large LGBTQ+ presence , but that is why this thread was made, to discuss and push the fact that it really should not be allowed. On Top of the fact that is offensive and often used in toxic ways, it paints the server as hypocritical. Why ban some slurs and not others? I have often kicked/muted people for slurs who then start saying faggot asking why this is allowed, why am I not muting them. It is a bad message to send. I know that there are people who wish to keep their right to openly say slurs (despite no real reason to) but really it is detrimental to the message we are trying to send and does nothing beneficial to the servers.

So I ask that we vote, to enforce a ban on the word, a notion me and other mods, try to enforce already, as it hurts us, hurts them, hurts us all and sends a hypocritical message to any new and veteran players.

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

An issue that we have on our servers is our treatment of slurs and offensive words. We don’t allow racial slurs and other vocabulary made to demean and offend, something that benefits the servers, But one word escapes this rule

Faggot

It is ridiculous that it is allowed considering the fact that the servers have such a large LGBTQ+ presence , but that is why this thread was made, to discuss and push the fact that it really should not be allowed. On Top of the fact that is offensive and often used in toxic ways, it paints the server as hypocritical. Why ban some slurs and not others? I have often kicked/muted people for slurs who then start saying faggot asking why this is allowed, why am I not muting them. It is a bad message to send. I know that there are people who wish to keep their right to openly say slurs (despite no real reason to) but really it is detrimental to the message we are trying to send and does nothing beneficial to the servers.

So I ask that we vote, to enforce a ban on the word, a notion me and other mods, try to enforce already, as it hurts us, hurts them, hurts us all and sends a hypocritical message to any new and veteran players.

• Who Viewed the Topic

1 member has viewed this topic:
    onlyalittlegay