Edit History

Forest

Forest

Adding evidence gathering thread

Personally don't think the evidence is substantial enough to back the claim (no one's fault, just a fact- made a thread re:gathering evidence for reference), not including word of mouth. However, I'm also the type to follow the whole "innocent until proven guilty" deal so I'm not too keen on taking anyone's word for it, regardless of the number of people backing a claim. Reason being that there have been multiple instances in the past where groups of Players would work against one other Player to dish out an excessive punishment (not that this is the case, but the principle still remains) with a lack of evidence. A minor example would be banning someone for flaming with chatlogs provided as evidence, but only providing the accused's logs specifically with no context- they could have been provoked to act out; but I digress.

With that all said, is there any reason that the proposed punishment is a Server/IP ban and not a permanent CT ban? Did the accused disconnect immediately following the mass freekill? If not, I don't see why this degree of punishment is necessary, griefing or otherwise unless there is a direct correlation to our rules that state as much.

Forest

Forest

Personally don't think the evidence is substantial enough to back the claim (no one's fault, just a fact), not including word of mouth. However, I'm also the type to follow the whole "innocent until proven guilty" deal so I'm not too keen on taking anyone's word for it, regardless of the number of people backing a claim. Reason being that there have been multiple instances in the past where groups of Players would work against one other Player to dish out an excessive punishment (not that this is the case, but the principle still remains) with a lack of evidence. A minor example would be banning someone for flaming with chatlogs provided as evidence, but only providing the accused's logs specifically with no context- they could have been provoked to act out; but I digress.

With that all said, is there any reason that the proposed punishment is a Server/IP ban and not a permanent CT ban? Did the accused disconnect immediately following the mass freekill? If not, I don't see why this degree of punishment is necessary, griefing or otherwise unless there is a direct correlation to our rules that state as much.

• Who Viewed the Topic

2 members have viewed this topic:
    Tekk realBelloWaldi