Sign in to follow this  
supx

Feature Request.: auto warden calling

The other major jailbreak server does it so where if you type in a command, it makes you the warden based upon how fast you type it in.

I think this would be a great feature because not only would it definitively settle who is warden, but it would cut down a ton on the micspam at the beginning of the round from the CT's. This micspam is not only annoying at the beginning, it can throw off entire rounds because people still quibble minutes later about 1) who was first 2) whether they formally "called it" and 3) whether there was a huge string of tarps because the correct warden was not the one who gave orders.

There's also a feature on the other jailbreak server for t's to fire the warden if the warden is not doing well or is unclear with orders.

I'm sure there are multiple ways to curb abuse, but I think the first step is to automate this process because the lack of it really can destroy entire games (especially when the server is busy and everyone is talking over each other).

As this may sound good on paper, but someone without a mic can just bind that command for warden and get it first or have someone spam it every 2 seconds

Well, a way around that. First person to type one of the random words get warden. Some of these random words could be auto generated, avoiding this issue.

that would be a good idea, and we can make it so that if the person without a mic called it, then it would be invalid and go to the next person who has a mic, that way we wont have the no mic ppl calling it

i meant to say that if someone types it in first, then they would get warden, BUT if they dont have a mic or they dont use it soon after, then warden would be passed on to the next person who typed it, and it would keep going like that until it reaches a ct who has a mic

Well, a way around that. First person to type one of the random words get warden. Some of these random words could be auto generated, avoiding this issue.

Again, sounds good on paper, but people who type fast (like myself) would get warden every round.

It wouldn't hurt to try though.

Sign in to follow this