Sign in to follow this  
DMTwired

admitions to mod

The way mod submissions are set up is fine, it shows that you are loyal to the clan enough to dedicate time on the forums and on our servers. There should be no acceptions to this.

Same here, XenoGamers.org is actually my fourth bookmark on my tab. Interacting with the community is a very big portion for this clan, why would you want to be moderator if you don't even socialize or let us know your opinions here?

Bookmarks suck, homepage on xG ftw.

What is this rush to power, being mod is not as enjoyable as a lot of people think it is. Quite often people give up after a couple of weeks, I feel like the post count rule is most likely there to ensure that whoever receives mod is not there for a novelty trip. In my opinion is should be even stricter with more posts required.

70 hours is not really much, and if you are active on the forums you get to know most of our members/leaders and whats new on the server and all that stuff, not everything on the forum is random you know.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ thank you

IMO - Mod Submission rules needs some rethinking.

That's all I'll say for now :3.

#Business

I sense a business meeting... #ObviouslyI'mdumblawl.

the good mods are the ones that have like 250+ posts on the forums BEFORE they are eligible to apply for mod, its like applying for university/college, u dont apply when u have the 75% minimum grade average, u apply when u have like an 80-85%, like duke, he got 300 posts before he could apply for mod, and since he got mod, hes been doing a good job with it; spectating in jb and slaying rule breakers, enforcing the motd and not only worrying about the cts who kill him, which is what a fair amount of the mods on jb are doing these days (only slaying bad cts when it affects them directly)

I personally think only mods and up (if not admins and up) should be allowed to vouch for mods (if not membership as well) this would eliminate someone just getting a bunch of their friends to vouch for them, and then they become mod, and they dont actually know anything about xG (as has happened in the past)...

The 100 post rules is just a way to show you can be active member of forums, reaching that is child's play.

Post in the random section, let your voice be heard that you want to be a MOD. It's a very tough job, it looks like it's easy and fun and admin justice is dealt with ease. But infact it's difficult to make sure the server and rules and players are all looked after, and maintained within a mods power. and belive it or not alot of good xG members from our past have all but become myths here due to the promotions they earned and the headaches that sometimes follow.

So just think about what serbian told me on my post in the random section, try earning the players respect, be nice if possible. so all rules and players are taken care of. I know rules inside and out and sometimes tend to be a bit of a nazi with them (If your a admin/Mod you know this with admin chat). I just always have to remind myself that after all is said and done, I am just playing with highschool kids and a few adults, not Marines (You get used to the harsh forms your spoken to while in service, it's sorta like street slang). But keep your head up, we dont allow members to submit their own Mod postion anymore because it adds up to alot of work to filter for the higher~ups like Aegean and Silence and Serb and few others that direct this circus so we can all enjoy the show and have fun.

The 100 post rules is just a way to show you can be active member of forums, reaching that is child's play.

Post in the random section, let your voice be heard that you want to be a MOD.

:( the forum rules were changed so random doesn't count towards post count

the good mods are the ones that have like 250+ posts on the forums BEFORE they are eligible to apply for mod, its like applying for university/college, u dont apply when u have the 75% minimum grade average, u apply when u have like an 80-85%, like duke, he got 300 posts before he could apply for mod, and since he got mod, hes been doing a good job with it; spectating in jb and slaying rule breakers, enforcing the motd and not only worrying about the cts who kill him, which is what a fair amount of the mods on jb are doing these days (only slaying bad cts when it affects them directly)

i dont always spec, but when i do rule breakers are fucked?

Well I was thinking about applying for mod. But after reading everything people have said, post count etc. I will wait to get a decent amount more than 100.

Well I was thinking about applying for mod. But after reading everything people have said, post count etc. I will wait to get a decent amount more than 100.

I tell people who ask to have min of a 150 before they even think of applying