Sign in to follow this  
Sliver

Tarping (MOTD Edit)

Because the action of tarping is generally annoying and causes so much distress among Ts and CTs, as well as usually ends up with everyone in the server yelling in their mics, I think it should be more specified within the motd, and imo, get it's own section under Terminology/etc.

Something along the lines of:

Camping - As warden, creating orders that causes blatant/intentional confusion for T's is considered tarping. Tarping is only allowed after 3 minutes (5:00) and 3 orders have gone by. Common tarps (aside from ones within Simon Says) include: Crouchwalking (an invalid order in the first place), suffixing (ending) orders with "when I say go", and changing up orders when you're repeating it.

I'm not really desperate to see it changed, but I see it as a benefit for most new jbplayers/warden callers.

Because the action of tarping is generally annoying and causes so much distress among Ts and CTs, as well as usually ends up with everyone in the server yelling in their mics, I think it should be more specified within the motd, and imo, get it's own section under Terminology/etc.

Something along the lines of:

Camping - As warden, creating orders that causes blatant/intentional confusion for T's is considered tarping. Tarping is only allowed after 3 minutes (5:00) and 3 orders have gone by. Common tarps (aside from ones within Simon Says) include: Crouchwalking (an invalid order in the first place), suffixing (ending) orders with "when I say go", and changing up orders when you're repeating it.

I'm not really desperate to see it changed, but I see it as a benefit for most new jbplayers/warden callers.

Tarping*. Also, "when i say go" is not a tarp. If T's would listen, it wouldnt be confusing. Its just like saying "all T's, take one step out of your cell, do 3 180 degree turns, and afk freeze". Neither of those are tarps...

Yeah i would kinda have to agree. It's annoying when ct's say, " all t's crouch to isolation- 5secs later- when i say go" boom dead.

Tarping*. Also, "when i say go" is not a tarp. If T's would listen, it wouldnt be confusing. Its just like saying "all T's, take one step out of your cell, do 3 180 degree turns, and afk freeze". Neither of those are tarps...

What I meant by suffixing was something like this

"All T's take one step out, face your cells, and afk freeze when I say go.

Pretty sure people consider that tarpish, but if you confirm this to be otherwise, then I guess it's okay.

Lol, t's have alot of benefits to help them rebel, we use tarping to kill off the dumb/not paying attention t's. This helps us reduce size of them, so for once in our lives, we can have the t's have a lr. I mean, they have bombs, vents, dumbass cts who bait, etc etc.

Imo, you should just listen better and there are almost always mods on jb to correct derp wardens so dont worry about it. Tarping was outlawed so if a warden accidentally makes a tarp, generally most of the members will call him out on it. Also "when i say go" is not considered a tarp. However i wish that t's could still kill baiting cts :(

What I meant by suffixing was something like this

"All T's take one step out, face your cells, and afk freeze when I say go.

Pretty sure people consider that tarpish, but if you confirm this to be otherwise, then I guess it's okay.

Yeah, if its like "one step out..............when i say go" i consider that a tarp. If its right after, then i dont think its a tarp

Lol just wait for him to finish orders before doing them; if its obvious that it was meant to be a tarp(like waiting 5 seconds) then it is and proper action will be taken.

The "Magic Word" Order throws people off, and it pisses me off cause it is a Major Tarp.

Take for Example: an Order being given, "When cells door open and i say go, you'll take one step out your cell, face back of your cell and do 3 180s and afk freeze" He doesnt repeat but is asked too so instead of it being the same he says "When cells doors open, you'll take one step out your cell, face back of your cell 3 180s. and afk freeze WHEN I SAY GO" <-- by the time he says that half the Ts have been tarped and are already outside,

I say a small change should be added in which on "Magic word" orders <--- that it must be FIRST during the repeat

It depends on the size and type of crowd you are playing with. If it's a full server, it's nice to get rid of some because you know a bunch are going to rebel. If it's a smaller server, I like to be lenient about cell orders. In either case, it just plain sucks to get people at the bottom of the cells and realize only half of the t team is alive.